Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2001, 03:57 AM   #21
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I didn't realise what was happening at first, you know... because you (Javi) sent me this file saying something like "Hey, have a look at my picture", or something... but anyway, that isn't really important.

A few minutes later, I got the same message off Rikard, and it said "Hey, have a look at my picture", so then I was suspicious, because I know that *.exe files are dodgy, as far as viruses are concerned...
anyway I managed to avoid the virus, which was kinda handy, but thanks for the early warning!

------------------
"Watch your back"
Old 06-18-2001, 07:41 AM   #22
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
So don't go screaming at people who accidentely send it o you
anyhow It appears to auto start when you open windows
or it wants too be sure you remove it from your hard-drive (it's usually under "messenger recieved files" in "my documents")
for those who didn't know

I didnt scream at you
I just said WTF WAS THAT????

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-18-2001, 11:38 AM   #23
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
My Picture (4)(1)(1)(3)

Im sure its Picture, not portrait, I got it too, managed to delete it tho! phew! Once I got it it automaticlly sent to EVERYONE one my MSN list! AHhhhh!

yeah and if I remember correctly.... it had a 'hahaha' either in the email subject or address.......
Old 06-18-2001, 11:40 AM   #24
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Ertai_OHF:
Well ive rebooted my computer, and when windows started it was looking for MyPictures (2)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1).exe to run it :|, but i had deleted it. ive run msconfig then to look what happened and i saw that it was over there (in systray i think, not sure), so be careful.

interesting ... everytime I visit here I have recieved 3 warnings with my ZoneAlarm program...... now there wasn't any...

to add: I take it back... got 3 warnings again today

[This message has been edited by adam warlock (edited 06-18-2001).]
Old 06-18-2001, 01:50 PM   #25
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Never open .exe's, unless you know what it is and were expecting it!!!!

I was thinking how funny it would be to send out a file called virus.exe to everyone on my mailing list. I would make it so that when they open it it would just open an img that says something about their relative intelligence for opening it in the first place.

I'd never really do it, but just think how funny it would be to get a file called virus.exe! I mean, how much more obvious could that be!

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 06-18-2001, 11:34 PM   #26
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Now that would be interesting...

I can imagine a few of my friends opening it... I think the less informed people are a lot more careful most of the time.
For example, a friend of mine heard that *.exe files were often virus files, and she informed her father of this... He proceeded to remove all *.exe files from his computer in a violent rage of panic.
The effects of this were pretty major as you might expect, and she had to have her hard drive reformatted, and windows re-installed...

Never underestimate the power of ignorance!

------------------
"Watch your back"