Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 06:26 AM   #21
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

When I read the title of this thread, I was reminded of one of my favorite songs, "A Change is Gonna Come", by Sam Cooke. I am curious as to how and why the author picked this phrase for his thread title.

Donut, please enlighten me, if you would. My curiosity has been piqued.

Oh, and as an avatar, you must allow some other "user" to play their game using you to represent their character. You will take your orders from the "user" even if those orders lead you to certain doom. You had better hope your "user" is not a Player-Killer type, because they end up hated by everyone, and you would be targeted at every opportunity by someone wishing to hurt your "user" by killing you. That is what you have to look forward to as an avatar.

I suggest that you warm up the spam-engine and spam your way to the next level as fast as your fingers can type!

"Tell him, so then maybe we can get some sleep! It is 3:30 AM out here!"

------------------

[This message has been edited by DawnChaser (edited 06-14-2001).]
Old 06-14-2001, 06:41 AM   #22
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by DawnChaser:
When I read the title of this thread, I was reminded of one of my favorite songs, "A Change is Gonna Come", by Sam Cooke. I am curious as to how and why the author picked this phrase for his thread title.

Donut, please enlighten me, if you would. My curiosity has been piqued.

Oh, and as an avatar, you must allow some other "user" to play their game using you to represent their character. You will take your orders from the "user" even if those orders lead you to certain doom. You had better hope your "user" is not a Player-Killer type, because they end up hated by everyone, and you would be targeted at every opportunity by someone wishing to hurt your "user" by killing you. That is what you have to look forward to as an avatar.

I suggest that you warm up the spam-engine and spam your way to the next level as fast as your fingers can type!

"Tell him, so then maybe we can get some sleep! It is 3:30 AM out here!"

Yes DC, I deliberately chose the lyric from the Sam Cooke song - one of my favourites too. So, do I get to choose who uses me or do I just get picked?

Any applicants to be my 'user'?

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-14-2001, 07:42 AM   #23
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

BTW do any of you girls want to ask Yorick why he uses the word 'girl' as an insult?

Now there you have a point Donut!
~taps foot on floor impatiently~
Well, Yorick?

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-14-2001, 07:52 AM   #24
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Yes DC, I deliberately chose the lyric from the Sam Cooke song - one of my favourites too. So, do I get to choose who uses me or do I just get picked?

Any applicants to be my 'user'?
Oh pick me! Pick me! hehehe.....

CB

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-14-2001, 09:35 AM   #25
Davros
Takhisis Follower

You're in trouble now you Bashful Brit, Cloudy has volounteered to be your user. And speaking of Cloudy reminds me of a question that I actually just witnessed on a game show while having dinner :

"Which processed pork product is also used to describe unnecessary use of verbage on the internet?"

And NO, the guy got it wrong, he was not aware of a thing called SPAM!!!!

------------------
Old 06-14-2001, 06:37 PM   #26
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
You're in trouble now you Bashful Brit, Cloudy has volounteered to be your user. And speaking of Cloudy reminds me of a question that I actually just witnessed on a game show while having dinner :

"Which processed pork product is also used to describe unnecessary use of verbage on the internet?"

And NO, the guy got it wrong, he was not aware of a thing called SPAM!!!!
If one of us had missed that question, we couldn't even show our sigs here anymore - such would be the shame we would endure...

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
And so, in the way of life, one must perservere in the face of adversity (or in this case, the face of a fluffy) and continue on the quest so bring truth, justice and the feng shui way to the world (or at least, make my truck look nice!)
And if you are still reading, I am taking suggestions for my next installment...