Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2002, 08:38 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

School's out here in my town in Oklahoma in the U.S. and every school year i had a different nickname.

Kindergarten-Andy

First Grade-Andrew(real name)

Second Grade-Drew

Third Grade-A.J.

Fourth Grade-Andrew(real name)

Fifth Grade-A.J.

Now I'm moving onto middle school sixth grade and I an idea for a nickname in sixth grade.Pleaze no goofy names and they must start with an "A"

[ 05-23-2002, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 05-23-2002, 08:41 PM   #2
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Why does it have to start with an A. I know it's the first letter of your name, Andrew, isn't it, but therefor your nickname shouldn't start with one and besides aren't nicknames given to you rather then choosen by you ?
Old 05-23-2002, 08:44 PM   #3
SomeGuy
Unicorn

It has always started with an "A".And these were'nt chosen by me,but this one will.Or you guys could post some and then make a decision.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 05-23-2002, 08:53 PM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Agey...

Aggy...

Addy...

Andy...

Dandy...

Griffith <---I like this one

Opie...

Feith of it is Feif? of Theith?

Barney...

Tippidei...

The Andinator...

Mandy

DEE...<--- that's good

Opie

May

Gomer

Pile

Shazam

Ann O-o?

Andywandy

candy

sandy

LAN

CAP <--- Thats cool!

Rollin-Pin receiver!

Candy [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2002, 09:00 PM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

oops methinks i said Candy Twice... and now Thrice...

Tandy

ManDrew

Drewy

Drawn

Draco

Dragon

Stew

Lue

Few

New

Jew?

lol ok now im just rhyming words...

mew...
Old 05-23-2002, 09:06 PM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Andrew if you try to pick your own nickname nobody will use it. They will pick one you hate. Whatever that is. And if you are dumb enough to tell them you dont like the name then your fate is sealed. A guy on our crew a few years ago was called the Goat. He HATED that name. Hence it STUCK. My name on the crew is Big Papa, not that I have any kids. Although I feel like it since I have to drive them all to work. I digress, a nickname just happens. You cant plan on it, and if you dont like it DONT tell them that or your screwed.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:57 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
anyguy
Old 05-24-2002, 01:12 AM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Andrew if you try to pick your own nickname nobody will use it. They will pick one you hate. Whatever that is. And if you are dumb enough to tell them you dont like the name then your fate is sealed. A guy on our crew a few years ago was called the Goat. He HATED that name. Hence it STUCK. My name on the crew is Big Papa, not that I have any kids. Although I feel like it since I have to drive them all to work. I digress, a nickname just happens. You cant plan on it, and if you dont like it DONT tell them that or your screwed.
Now that's mostly true. But when I was in high school one of my friends asked me whether I was a super hero, and I said of course I was . And he said what's your name? And I said Supermel. And from then on that's what people called me .

Andy-pandy? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2002, 09:03 AM   #9
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

A friend of mine started calling me Earthdog in the 10th grade.I was the guitar tech for his band. He just looked up at me in rehearsal one day and said "Earthdog."

Everyone in the band looked at me and said "Earthdog." I asked him "Why the hell are you calling me Earthdog?"

He said "I dont know dude. You just strike me as an Earthdog"

Years later I was roadying for another band and the same thing happened. Guitar player looked up at me and said "Earthdog" so I asked him if he had any idea that Id been called that in school. NOPE. Not a clue.

If the shoe fits, wear it. You wont pick the nick, but the nick will fit you. And no, you may not like it, but it will fit. Then it becomes a sort of trade mark. And itll stick.