Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2002, 08:36 PM   #1
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

I was recently playing SOA and I thought does anyone actually like Aerie. All she ever does is winge and moan "Oh my poor Wings will I ever be able to fly again" ARGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! SHUT UP AERIE.

I have to ask does everyone hate her or is it just me. How anyone can even contemplate having a romance with her is beyond me. Why couldn't they put a decent NPC into the game like Coran or Yeslick instead of that moaning BLOODY ELF!!!!!!!!!
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 10:07 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Is she a member of your group? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Then why continue to associate with her? Just dump her at the earliest convenient locale and continue on from there.

Some like carrying on the romance with her due to the fact that they are attracted to her helplessness and innocence. [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] Make of that what you will.... [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 10:51 PM   #3
Ares

She is a multi-classed Cleric/Mage, so therefore, at high levels, she can whoop some serious ass. I like just for the fact that she gets a lot of Magic Missles and she can cast Aerial servant, Pro:undead, and can revive dead members,and all the other usefull cleric spells...along with all the high level mage spells...she's awesome

And that wing thing is just a coverup to a nice, cute elf...she just needs some surgery thats all [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 10:56 PM   #4
fable
Quintesson

Agreement with Ares. Considering everything she's been through--abduction, slavery, endless abuse, the severing of her wings--she's held up very well, indeed. She'll stick with you, and turn into a very powerful party member.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 11:09 PM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Let's quit this thread immediately shall we? Dig down a bit and you'll find hundreds of Aerie sucks! vs. Aerie rulez! threads.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 12:03 AM   #6
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i agree Neb, you took the words right from my mouth. just for the record though, i think she has her good points and her bad points. personaly, if i want a cleric, ill go with Viconia, she's hotter anyway. if i want a mage, ill either bring one of my own in, or take Nalia and try to raise her intelligence. Nalia is my favorite mage in the game, and Edwin can suck eggs. so all in all, i dont like aerie, but she DOES serve a purpose. hell, if you give her EVERY cool item in the game, she can be cool. crom faeyr makes her a decent fighter, anything to raise her int, wis works well too. then all you need to do is raise her constitution, and get her a few more hp's, and she can tank with the best of them. she also needs the robe of vecna, bracers of ac 3, ring of gaxx, ROP+2, helm of balduran, and sentinel+4. then she is good. ok, so in my rambling ive figured out that i hate her more than like her, but that isnt to say that she isnt good, i just dont like her personaly. ok, so ill just shut up, cause i just went WAY off base from what i was orriginally trying to say.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 02:20 AM   #7
Bold Marauder
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I cant figure out how to do the message icons...im incomp... inn...com...how do you spell incompitent..anyway........Aerie What a what a..I stuck with her my first time thru the whole game thinking she would perhaps re-grow her wings and fly away but nooooooo our luv ran much deeper than that...barkeep golden whatever or
Old 01-26-2002, 02:58 AM   #8
LennonCook
Jack Burton

You hate Aerie ey ?? Well fair enough I think... but try repeating all of that here. See what they think of it...
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 08:48 PM   #9
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Well there are alot more aerie fans outthere than I thought. Dont get me wrong I dont find anything wrong with her as Cleric/Mage its just as a character in general (She never seemed to stop whining when she was in my party.)

Come to think about I havn't stopped whinning about her, NOOOO IM TURNING INTO AERIE.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 08:57 PM   #10
Helspanth
Quintesson

I see that Aerie's costant whining has earned her more attention than she deserved!That's why infantss cry,right?
Anyway if one can put up with her whining she is a most usefull party member.I,for one,cannot...

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: Helspanth ]