Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-04-2001, 11:16 PM   #1
Moni

Went brain dead here concerning spell learning...am I correct in assuming that a Wizard who ascends to the role of Warlock is limited to the level of spells he has acquired in his role as a Wizard?
Will he be able to learn higher level Sun & Stone Spells if he becomes a Wizard & throws off ability points in these areas or is he limited to know only to the the levels he has thus far acquired?
I thank you, my brain thanks you.
: )
Moni
Old 01-04-2001, 11:57 PM   #2
Efreeti_Genie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm not really sure what your asking, but I'm getting my wizard up to level 15 before changing roles to Warlock. And before I change roles (when I have gotten to level 15), I will just buy all the spells at the Wizard's Store that my Wizard doesn't know, that way, he will know all spells and continue to upgrade them! Of course, I'm not sure if you can continue to put points into Sun and Stone spells, but I'm pretty sure you can (that can't just take it off, or disable it). So I'm not really sure I helped you with your question, but I gave you a good idea on what to do with your wizard's spells (just happy to have helped in some way )
Efreeti_Genie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 03:11 AM   #3
carg
The Magister

a Warlock can do everything a Wizard does, and more. He can learn stone and sun as well as a Wizard. The two disadvantages I know of are he takes a little more experience to level (10% or so), and there is one wizard item he can't use, a wizard's cap or something like that. (Not very interesting.)
The advantage to learn all spells from all previous magic crafts is considered that useful that many players switch to warlock later in the game, becoming monk/paladin and ranger in between, to also be able to access spirit and vine magic. You don't need to be those roles long, because as soon as you've learned the magic crafts, you can expand them while warlock. I chose to develop some monk skills to make my warlock a better fighter, since he can use so few weapons.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 05:01 AM   #4
Moni

Thank you both for answering my question and giving me good advice! I will definitely wait to switch to Warlock!
Level 15 sounds good Efreeti_Genie & thank you for reminding me I can buy spells!
Carg, you are right, the guy needs help with his abilities with weapons!
Not sure I want to spend time being so many different roles though. None of my wizards in any past games have relied on much more than their spell casting abilities and it will be tough letting go of "tradition" lol!
I have a feeling I may be forced to though...I went up against Elyssia way too prematurely...got all our butts kicked literally to death in as few as three rounds!
(@ levels 8 & 9~no role ascesions prior to attempting the task, I thought everything else was so easy "why not?")
Any suggestions?
I plan on re-loading an older game (not too awfully far back) & replaying up to the point of no return where I think I am going to turn around & go explore the other side of Ishad N'ha for a while!
: )
Moni
Old 01-05-2001, 03:11 PM   #5
Moni

Well I decided not to be a weenie about Elyssia...loaded the game where I was in the auditorium with her, threw a Flamestrike at her & ran away, lol.
I was able to defeat her lil friends out in the halls...luckily she had not followed!
I stood at the top of the ramp and threw a couple more spells at her before she started coming after us & after that it was a game of "Peek-A-Boo! I Threw A Spell At You" around corners.
The kicker is, when she was almost dead, I ran back into the auditorium, jumped up on her table with the dead guy on it and did her in as she entered (whilst standing atop the table, lol). It felt Goooooood!
Now for those mantraps! I read the threads posted for Barbara & I am glad you guys have advice & techniqes you are so willing to share! I'm stoked, lol!