Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2000, 10:05 PM   #1
Chimpy

Does anyone know what the "Turn Undead" command does? Thanks i appreciate it.
Old 07-24-2000, 11:27 AM   #2
Erekose
The Magister

a cleric (or paladin) has the power to turn, destroy or charm undead depending on their alignment. Click it when undead are around and if your high level enough they will be effected but you can't do anything else but walk. Cheers
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2000, 02:18 PM   #3
Chimpy

Ah, I see. I have a level 6 fighter/cleric dwarf named Herpes, and he's Chaotic Neutral. I'll try your tip when I find some more zombies. Thanks
Old 07-26-2000, 12:14 AM   #4
sattymike

I have a pair of 8th level clerics (one fighter/cleric, one cleric/ranger) and a 9th or 10th level paladin now- and I haven't had much luck turning undead. Usually the "Turn Undead" Head lights up and makes a cool noise and nothing happens. I have better luck just wiping the beasties out. Maybe I'm just not giving it enough time to work...
Old 07-26-2000, 10:43 AM   #5
tuna

sattymike, your problem is that when you use turn undead your clerics/paladins don't role high enough to turn or control to undead you meet. By now if you met plane ordinary 1HD skeletons they would probably be destroyed, but the larger blade or burning skeletons or wraiths or wights you are encountering are harder to turn. If you are successful against these creatures they just turn away from the battle and wonder around not fighting anyone. Sometimes, if the roll is not high enough, they continue to fight.

-Don't forget you paladin turns undead as a cleric two levels lower than his/her current level.