Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2008, 09:35 AM   #11
manikus
Jack Burton

Default Re: Dungeon Craft Design contest!

I'm not sure about the fleeing bug, but the bug for undead 'immortality' has a known cause that is easy to fix and should be taken care of in the next release. (I will make sure that there is a bug tracker for it, though I think there already is.)

EDIT: This is the "immunity to Death Magic" bug. If you want a temporary fix, you just need to open your monster database and uncheck the 'death magic' box in the list of immunities in the lower right hand of your monster stat page. At this time, there is now death magic available in DC, so it shouldn't effect gameplay. (There is magic that can kill, it's just not subcategorized as death magic.)

Last edited by manikus; 05-12-2008 at 09:46 AM.
manikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #12
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion

So I think I've figured out what I'm going to do for this contest. I have had an idea to do various separately released demos showing how to do some of the weird stuff that I've figured out, and this includes some of the requirements for the contest. Specifically, the logic block event requirement (which is a surprising requirement considering that it is understood by very few ppl here).

My plans for the entry will be a selection of demonstrated ideas and I will use a unifying theme of a replacement for the "small town" event that is a little more fleshed out. The main problems I would have for making this are that real life eats up my available time (I understand that I'm not the only one with this problem) becuz I work 2nd shift , and that I will need to add art to make the mod.

anyhow, I now have a plan and I hope to have even an unfinished mod before the end of the contest.

ST
Old 05-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #13
manikus
Jack Burton

Available time? What's that?

Just wanted to make sure that you knew the theme of the contest is a village in the woods. I wasn't sure by your post if you thought we meant that you have to use the small town event or not ('cause you don't).

As for the logic event, it's a bit hairy at first, b/c most of us (myself included) come into it trying to do big things, but if you use for a simple logic issue, it's not that hard to get done. Really.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:50 PM   #14
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion

No, I understand the theme, and its perfect for what I want to do. I don't really like the "small town" event. I understand the use of it when FRUA had memory limitations, but it seems almost unnecessary when you have such huge upper limits for the scope of DC.

What I meant was that I might make a way to have towns that are not important enuff to have a map for the story still have some life and uniqueness.

ST
Old 05-18-2008, 08:49 PM   #15
manikus
Jack Burton

I suspected you knew what was going on, I just wanted to make sure before you put in lots of work.

I can't wait to see what you're cooking up, ST.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #16
Uatu
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

As an aside question... In reducing total file sizes (for DC), is it enough to just delete all the art that you are not using from your design folder (i.e. lots of default art)?

My Blog:
http://advanceddantiansanddragons.blogspot.com
Uatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:44 PM   #17
manikus
Jack Burton

Yes. That takes care of a lot of the bloat. Making sure that there are no jpg or bmp encoded graphics helps, too. (And I don't even want to talk about pcx...)
Old 06-02-2008, 12:20 AM   #18
Uatu
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Cool, sounds good to me

My Blog:
http://advanceddantiansanddragons.blogspot.com
Uatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:22 AM   #19
manikus
Jack Burton

Looks like I forgot to mention tif files. They are very big b/c of all the channels they support.