Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2008, 04:23 AM   #21
dplax
Jack Burton

Default Re: Police find no motive for Illinois campus shooting

I am by no means advocating taking their guns away...it's easy to see that that would be an impossibility with everyone hanging onto their rights with both hands. I'm simply saying that they should act with much more care and much more responsibly with their guns.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:43 AM   #22
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Default Re: Police find no motive for Illinois campus shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Yeah, growing up in a country where guns were outlawed and only accessible by law enforcement (even the police don't carry guns on a daily basis), I always saw it as a major flaw for a country to allow arms to be purchased in shops. Indeed, I stared in disbelief the first time I saw a gunshop in the USA. The cops never had a problem with their lack of firearms because most criminals they come across don't have them either. There are exceptions where someone will get an imported weapon, but the law have access to them if need be. Since I amn't used to it, even seeing an american cop walk by me unnerved me because he had a gun on his belt and walked around like it was nothing.
There's only one 'plus' side I see to gun ownership here in the states, it'd be pretty damned hard to be invaded, we're an army unto ourselves.

A few months ago here in the southern Indiana, northern Kentucky area, there was a teenager that got into an argument with his mother, went into his parent's room (which apparently housed a sniper rifle), went down to the nearest highway and started picking drivers off, ended up killing 2-3 people as they went down the road.

Personally, I'm all for fist fighting, what happened to beating the crap out of the person that pissed you off?
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote