Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-03-2002, 04:07 PM   #1
Sigmar
Unicorn

Well first off I'm assuming that every school has a work experience program (a program in which you go to work for a week, part time). I'm starting tommorow (in a hospital) and I was wondering, what did other people do and did they enjoy it. So that's my question, what did you do and did you enjoy it?

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: Sigmar ]

Old 03-03-2002, 04:15 PM   #2
Campino

Hi Sigmar,

Think of your work experience as lessons you can't learn from
books.It's an opportunity to see how it looks like once you finish school.I hope it will be a very interresting week,let us now how it went!
Old 03-03-2002, 04:17 PM   #3
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I did mine in a magistrates court, which was boring at times but very interesting for the most part. That was back in the day when I thought Law might be fun to look into. What was I thinking...

But anyway, it was good as it gave me a chance to see the way the court worked from the inside (not that I want to see any other kind of side, obviously ). I learnt a lot about the English legal system in that week.

Did you know that it is an offense to highjack a crane? Well you do now.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 03-03-2002, 04:24 PM   #4
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

In 7th grade I worked in a daycare for dogs
In 8th grade I worked in a chamistry lab where they made glue and rubber
In 9th grade I worked at a printing-house.

So now you know everybody, tell your friends!
Old 03-03-2002, 07:41 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I worked at my dad's office with his public relations lady. It was beyond awful, but I did learn an important thing about myself - I never ever want to have to work in an office with cubicles. I was so claustrophobic, it was horrible. But I did buy some nice shoes one day on my lunch break, which made it a little better . I want to be psychologist, but of course you can't do work experience in that field, due to confidentiality and such .
Old 03-03-2002, 07:49 PM   #6
Epona
Zartan

We have work experience here in the UK, but I didn't do any. It's not essential - and I never wanted a career or anything like that, I figured I would spend enough time in my life working - so why start before I had to?
Old 03-03-2002, 09:03 PM   #7
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

I worked as Lab assistent.
Great fun, add liquid A to liquid B and equal a cloud of semi-deadly gas, worked on many projects and took home lots of intressting things some that I was allowed to.
Old 03-03-2002, 09:18 PM   #8
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Remember to apply for internships well in advance you guys. They seem to fill up very quickly, many months in advance. It really pays to have a little focus anyways
Good luck Sigmar, hospitals are tough.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:05 PM   #9
Blade
Emerald Dragon

well we don't quite have that type of program but we do have a job shadowing program that is very simular you go and follow somebody around at work for a day. Anyway i did mine in the tech department at a hospital and got to see there server and router farm very cool.
Old 03-04-2002, 04:30 PM   #10
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Back in my day they had shop classes. I learned welding, mechanics, electronics, torch work, auto body, etc. They don't have stuff like that any more.