Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-04-2001, 07:19 PM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I went to the doctor today to have a small wart removed from my hand. I've never had a wart before, so I used the over the counter stuff for two months before realizing he could handle it in about 10 minutes at his office.

The shot they give to numb the area are KILLERS! My goodness, tears came to my eyes. One, two, three shots! It was on the palm of my hand on the bone at the base of my index finger. I guess not having much "meat" in the area to work with didn't make it any better.

My son also had one removed. His was the reason we called the doctors office, because while mine was small, his was huge! I figured we'd have it done as a family [img]smile.gif[/img] He was very "vocal" about the pain from the numbing needle. I'm sure the people in the other examining rooms thought they were killing him.

The actual procedure was painless, due to the medication. We are now wart free. Well I am, my son's was so big he has to go back in a month. There's a 50/50 chance he'll have to have the procedure again. Guess what he wants for Christmas
Old 12-04-2001, 07:22 PM   #2
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Wow. I haven't had a wart in a long time. I think I was maybe 12 or so. They froze mine and just kind of scraped it. Did you say they had to use a needle with yours though? UGGGHHHH. I'm glad I didn't have to do that.
Old 12-04-2001, 07:25 PM   #3
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

whew, glad ive never had a wart then! that sounded like agony... hope your son is ok in a month!
Old 12-04-2001, 07:40 PM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
They froze mine and just kind of scraped it. Did you say they had to use a needle with yours though? UGGGHHHH. I'm glad I didn't have to do that.

They used a laser and scalpel to actually remove it. The needle was to numb the area first.
Old 12-04-2001, 07:43 PM   #5
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Oh man, I don't care that the laser is cool. I don't do well with needles. *Bad flashbacks from the Navy when he was getting his wisdom teeth taken out*
Old 12-04-2001, 07:45 PM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I had a punctured lung once, they had to put in a chest tube. The crappy Navy doctor shot the area full of novacaine. Like hell that worked. Had his knee on my chest giving it all he could to shove the damn thing into my lung. Pure torture. I ever see the guy who put me in that situation in the first place he is.....absolutly dead.
Old 12-04-2001, 07:51 PM   #7
Tobbin
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I had a punctured lung once, they had to put in a chest tube. The crappy Navy doctor shot the area full of novacaine. Like hell that worked. Had his knee on my chest giving it all he could to shove the damn thing into my lung. Pure torture. I ever see the guy who put me in that situation in the first place he is.....absolutly dead.

I must have got the same guy. They had a problem with my tooth, so the guy climbs up on my chest to get better leverage. Geez.
Old 12-04-2001, 08:07 PM   #8
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:

I must have got the same guy. They had a problem with my tooth, so the guy climbs up on my chest to get better leverage. Geez.

There is nothing as intimidating as seeing a man with a pair of pliers coming at you [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2001, 08:11 PM   #9
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

quote:

Actually I meant the guy who stabbed me. The doc only gets a beating
Old 12-04-2001, 08:14 PM   #10
Tobbin
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:

Actually I meant the guy who stabbed me. The doc only gets a beating

All I can say is the guy is lucky I was major drugged up when it happened or I would have cracked him then. They pulled all 4 teeth at the 1 visit. If I ever see him, I'm gonna pull his teeth out 1 at a time til he passes out from the pain.