Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2000, 11:45 AM   #1
xcom

hi guys

Ive just finished the game, i would say that this is really huge compared to baldur1. Though i have some dissappointment on the main storyline, anyway its just my opinion. First of all irenicus is not much a villain, he too fluent to be a villain . I hate him giving instruction and manipulating my char especially after finding out in the end that hes just an oversize elf. Huh, im the child of bhaal! and i already decided which path to take in baldurs gate 1, no need to remind me of what to do in my power and who is irenicus to manipulate me easily Im suppose to be more powerful than him. Especially in chapter 4 when they manage to slip some poison on my soup. grr. I have said to aran that i dont trust them at the outset and it will be stupid of me not to keep on guard.
But of course side quests are awesome and cool especially owning stronghold from your char and the romances from your npc which is really lacking on baldurs gate 1. I use to select safana just because of his voice "yes dear" and "of course darling" . but of course i change her char class shes just a thief and i change her picture.

If you played baldurs gate 1 , one would find cool to play with npc in baldurs gate 1 as well coz they give comments that only a player who played the part one game would understad. like the comment of edwin in the bridge district to the leutenant. I would never know the story of neb had i not have jaheira in my party who mentioned neb was the wanted child killer in baldurs gate.

anyway thats all for now i talk like jan jensen already. hu hu

Old 11-19-2000, 05:24 PM   #2
winglesfiend

Well I was extremely dissapointed with he length of the game.
It had very few quests in it.I think bg1 has much more quests.
But I like the party interaction very much.The chats with your party members give
a cool extra dimension to the game like you really know your characters and stuff.
Irenicus is interesting at first but when you learn all about him that interest fades away
tough.I think that's because he's not so mysterious anymore when at the beginning of the game.
beside these minor things I loved the game and it's my 2nd favourite rpg.My favourite is
tormentplanescape because of it's great depth and storyline.

Old 11-20-2000, 12:37 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well I was extremely dissapointed with he length of the game.
It had very few quests in it.I think bg1 has much more quests.

Did you go through ALL possible side quests? That would equate to roughly 200 hours of gameplay, considering some of the sidequests (like the stronghold quests) have lots of subquests in them. It has at least double, if not triple the number of sidequests as BG1.
Old 11-20-2000, 12:56 AM   #4
Armisael

Yes, I thought that comment was a bit strange, too. I spent much longer on this game's sidequests than on those of BG1. Irenicus had everything going for him as a villain - he looked like a villain, he sounded like a villain. I just thought the fact that he used to be an elf and for whatever reason now looks like a human was a bit strange. Agreed, they probably could have done something else with the plot. I still enjoyed it thoroughly, though, and even though the fact that he always seems to be one step ahead of you is annoying, it's at least realistic. He'd been orchestrating most of that stuff from the start of the game.

Old 11-20-2000, 03:26 PM   #5
xcom

well he may have include the expansion of baldur's gate 1 to at least match the quests in baldurs2 at the very least.but sure since u can level up easily in the game u can complete it without resorting to those unimportant sidequest not relevant to the your cause.

But compared to baldurs gate1, quests are almost always connected to the main plot and best experience is earned by doing this important quest. So every chapter of the game in baldurs gate one doesnt look empty. Unlike in Baldurs 2 when you go to spellhold u are stock in that area going to underdark for sometime and it may get you bored sometime. Imagine skipping 3 chapters when u enter spellhold; and it may also be a disaster going o chapter 4 right away being unaware that you will be stuck there.Unlike in baldurs one that before a chapter closes your sure that ur ready to face the next chapter. and there is a sense of achievement in every chapter u have at least accomplished one thing for yourself not for anyone else but FOR YOURSELF. should you also stuck in 4 onwards youll lose some time related quest, like loosing ur thieves guild. arrgg unless jan jensen was able to tame a griffin to fly you back to the mainland

Old 11-20-2000, 04:54 PM   #6
winglesfiend

Well I played every quest possible in bg2.
There weren't as many as I excpected.I didn't play 200 hours