Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 05:57 PM   #1
deltim27

After receiving the stout mine invitation quest, I completed Boogre Prison and got the Genie Lamp. I then cleared the stout mines, received credit for the stout mine armory quest, but could not trigger the Lamp quest. Is it because I already have the Lamp? If so, aren't you supposed to do Boogre Prison before the stout mines? Have I lost this quest, and if so, do I have to complete it? Please respond. Thank you.

------------------
Mike
Old 03-08-2001, 06:14 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Is the character holding the lamp the one you have selected when you go to the armory??
You should be getting credit - are you letting the NPC talk?? (you have to let them continue their whole speech before you do anything else)

Hope that will help!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 07:27 PM   #3
deltim27

I've tried everything such as equipping it to different people, putting it in the quick item slot and backpack, and having a character without it try to trigger the quest. I just get "we don't have anything right now." I've already used it several times with the "drop" method. Out of curiosity, I tried using it and not dropping it and it vanished. Now I reloaded my game with the lamp having I guess one wish left. If I don't trigger the Lamp Quest can I still complete the game? I would rather miss out on some skills than start over from the beginning. Feedback?

------------------
Mike
Old 03-08-2001, 07:32 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You can still complete the game.
The only minus might be that you will not be able to gain the full 7 guild levels at the Armory.

Are you playing without the patch?

Wyv
Old 03-08-2001, 07:35 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Another possibility -

send me a ZIPPED copy of your saved game (just the gamexx.sav) and maybe it will work on my machine (I do not use the patch and have never had any problems with the game)

Wyv
Old 03-08-2001, 08:03 PM   #6
deltim27

Thanks for the response Wyvern. I just might send you a copy. The patch should be installed and I'm going to get some assistance on sending you the save game files so it might be a day or two. If I have to finish the game without the quest, I'm sure I'll still enjoy it. Thanks again.

------------------
Mike
Old 03-08-2001, 08:10 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

No problem!

I'll be around!

Wyv
Old 03-09-2001, 05:43 AM   #8
carg
The Magister

I think it's best to do the boogre caves after the stout mines,.
But the third Warrior quest of Ishad Na is not about the lamp: it's killing the previous owner (Dosh'i Gin). So if you've already killed him you won't get the quest anymore.
And since there are 3 warroir guilds, there are more than enough other quests anyway to become level 7 in the guild.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 02:18 PM   #9
deltim27

Thanks, Carg! I had already killed the Cyclops before triggering the quest. Knowing it's not a fluke in my game will let me breath easier! Thanks again.

------------------
Mike