Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-16-2001, 01:35 PM   #1
Mindbender
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Monk or Kensai? some say that a Kensai is more fun cause they become such killing machines, but I`ve heard the same things about monks.. So which one is the meanest? or which one is simply just more fun?
Old 09-16-2001, 02:28 PM   #2
Sorcerer Alex

I find a monk great to play, they become really tough later in the game (+3 fists, immunity to poison etc). Welcome to the board by the way. I am Sorcerer Alex, at your service as always

Old 09-16-2001, 02:45 PM   #3
Rikard

Sorcerer without doubt

------------------

Old 09-16-2001, 02:56 PM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I think both there are boring. Kensai can't wear any armour, bracelets, gaunlets. I like the "knight image" with shiny armor helmet giant strentgth gaunlets Monk is incredible but I like to find and use different kind of swords. (Knight Image again) If you're a monk you're always fighting with your fists so it's boring. And sorcerors... it's incredible boring it's just degisned for powerplay. A conjurer is funny you really felt like a mage..

------------------

"Not for your eyes only, also for your beautiful ears.."

Yngwie J. Amadeus Zoltan "Diamond Guardian of Aerie Lovers Sacred Band"
Old 09-16-2001, 05:28 PM   #5
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

kensais are fun to play, cause: you really have to balance your magic items in order to give them good defence. Once they get to level 15, or so, their thaco is so ridiculous that its basically guaranteed hits on anything short of a dragon.

Monks are cool too, but can be pretty weak starting. My level 12 monk stays out of alot of tougher battles and attacks with his sling. But sometimes I wade him into melee and watch his 5 attacks every 2 rounds destroy everything. I'm thinking by ToB my monk will be more powerful than my kensai, but I'm not sure.. Probably will be because my monk is the main character, and will get all sorts of bonuses.