Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2000, 07:48 PM   #21
Armisael

Ah yeah, the sword of flame. Whoops. I never really use longswords, so they all look the same to me. I don't think there's any way to get locations on your map other than talking to people or triggering certain events.
Heh, Memnoch, you caught me out. I'm not usually up that late. First day of holidays, yesterday. You know how it is. : P

Old 11-16-2000, 08:37 PM   #22
gary1

Aren't you glad the swords don't have to constantly be repaired ? (That was a real pain in the a**) !!

Old 11-16-2000, 09:28 PM   #23
Vlade

emmmm, daystar's only a +2.... it can't hit the bloody Demi-lich...
btw, the most useful is the rose sword and the next best is equalizer.
of course, if u are goin 4 long swords, remember u can't hit Kangaxx with any long sword...

Old 11-16-2000, 10:11 PM   #24
Armisael

What? Of course you can hit Kangaxx with a bloody longsword. And Daystar is +4 against evil-aligned creatures, doing double damage against undead. It's one of the best weapons to take Kangaxx down with.

Old 11-16-2000, 10:48 PM   #25
One-Eyed Jack

I just got the Dragonslayer and the shield from Windspear Hills. I went down and the fight with the dragon was a joke. He basicly poked my eyes out, and then beat me senseless with my own arms and legs! The weapons are pretty nice. I am currently wielding the Blade of Roses +3,and the Dragon Slayer. I am wearing the Shadow Dragon Armor. I currently have a few more questions to ask. Such as, what is the best order in which to go through the game at? I realize that as soon as I start the game, I shouldn't go try and kill Firkragg, and going to the stronghold seems a bit to fast to be going through the game and I feel I will get slaughtered when I get over there. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 11-17-2000, 01:02 AM   #26
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The sequencing of quests? If you can take on Firkraag at your stage of the game, you would have a fair chance at completing most of the side quests in the game. If you can't finish a side quest it will not affect the critical path of the game, you can start that whenever you want, and the side quests will still be there (they are not chapter specific). but it's a good idea to finish as much side quests as you can before you get stuck into the main part of the game so that you max up your levels and experience. Try and get a stronghold if you can, but what are you again?
Old 11-17-2000, 04:09 AM   #27
Vlade

r u sure daystar can HIT Kangaxx cos i got the weapon ineffective thing scrolling down the feedback screen...

Old 11-17-2000, 04:54 AM   #28
Armisael

You're right, Daystar can't hit Kangaxx. Very strange... by rights it should, unless Kangaxx isn't considered undead.

Old 11-17-2000, 04:54 AM   #29
Jaxonite

Possible Spoiler!

Questing is always a personal choice, but here's what I did:

Chapter 1: Escape the dungeon (Gain Imoen, Minsc, Jahiera & Yoshimo.)
Imoen & Irenicus Arrested (Lose Imoen.)
Explore the Promenade. Circus quest (Gain Aerie.)
Head for the Slums.

Chapter 2: Meet Gaelen Bayle (get up off floor after you hear the price for aid!)
Go to the Copper Coronet to look for Sellsword work (Gain Nalia.)
Go to the Government District (Gain Jan Jansen, Lose Yoshimo.)
Head for De'Arnise Keep. Turn around with Poisoned Harper.
Do the Harper Hideout Quest. Save Jahiera from her Curse.
Head for D'Arnise Keep again. Continued to Trademeet. Etc....

As things came up, I tried to respond accordingly, but headed back to whatever major subplot I was persuing at the time. I completed most of the "Out of Town" quests in chapter 2. I did most of the "Undead Quests" (Liches, Vampires, etc.) in chapter 3. After that I concentrated mostly on the Main storyline until the end (although I did finish the Planer Sphere in Chapter 6. I just had to have Crom Faeyr!)

As I said up front, Questing is a personal choice, but there did seem to be some logic to randomness of the subplots. Hope this helps!

Old 11-17-2000, 05:35 AM   #30
BaatoRyan

well... i dont like the long swords in the game... they plain out suck except maybe for the blackrazor... get celestial fury or somethin (katana). or maybe... Carsomyr... or... LILARCOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! theyr just two handed swords... hehe