Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2001, 12:30 AM   #1
Verminaard

i couldn't rest or save my game when i played with a friend over tcp/ip today.

does anyone know what's wrong? we both turned off our "rest until healed" option too.

i have no problem playing single player game and resting in the prision in act I

verminaard

Old 01-15-2001, 06:01 PM   #2
Ronn

I had this problem in the original BG. Neither player can choose to camp because the other player(s) has too much game control.

It was caused by the player "permissions". In multiplayer, permissions control whether each player's character(s) can enter a store, exit a screen, initiate dialog, etc... I can't remember exactly which permission(s) caused the problem.

My friend and I just turned all his permissions off, and then we had no problem.

After some experimentation, we returned his power to buy and sell, and some other permissions. Play around with these permissions because I'm 100% sure this is the problem. Just remember the host should have all permissions.

If you want anymore help, email me.

Old 01-15-2001, 06:17 PM   #3
Ronn

Did I mention it maybe the permissions!?!?!!?

Is the above a record for duplication of a single word in a post....lol

Old 01-16-2001, 01:27 AM   #4
Verminaard

thanks Ronn for the tip, i'll give it a try. if i remember properly i think at the last moment i click on all the permissions!

verminaard

Old 01-16-2001, 01:37 AM   #5
Armisael

LOL, Ronn. Hey, you only used it... one, two, three... seven times. You're a lightweight compared to a lot of politicians I've seen. : )
There is one other thing it could be, though. BG2 has a strange problem; when someone is trying to approach and talk to you (or attack you, for that matter) it won't let you save or rest. Sometimes this can happen even though there's nothing attacking/talking to you. Leave the district. The game will autosave. Quit, go back in, and it should work. If that's not the problem, then it's the permissions.