Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 05-18-2005, 11:57 AM   #1
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmm... it might sound better wiuthout the words

Anyway, I just got back from seeing it... and its good.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:01 PM   #2
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Huh?? I didn't know it would debut, yet! I guess they let it out sooner in that time zone... (Jealous).
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Ahhh, I'm a fan of Star Wars, but with all the hype everywhere, I haven't seen it yet and I already hate the damn thing! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:44 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I think Ziroc would appreciate threads like this end up in the Movies Forum so as to build an interest in a forum that does not usually get much attention and has been considered for shut-down a few times over the years.

Redirecting this one now.</font>
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:10 AM   #5
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

I just got back.

As a life-long Star Wars fan, I really wasn't too impressed with this film. It was much better than Episodes I and II, but that's not saying much.

It doesn't hold a candle to any of the original trilogy. Except maybe RotJ, but that's just because it was a bunch of Teddy Bears.

I almost puked with all the anti-Bush crap in the flick.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:09 AM   #6
Salinye
Manshoon

I saw this film, (Just got back) and I thought it was fabulous. It blew I and II away. Anakin finally redeemed his acting ability. My only caution would be this (and I won't give away any spoilers) I do NOT feel like this movie is appropriate for young children. This comes from a mother who has let her young children watch all of the other Star Wars movies and all three Lord of the Rings movies. It's a great movie, but very dark and one scene in particular I found very disturbing.

That's my two cents for now. When we're discussing the movie with spoilers, I'll give some more input. :0)

~Salinye
Old 05-19-2005, 09:58 AM   #7
Marathon
Elminster

I loved it. Maybe my expectations were low from episodes 1 and 2, but like Salinye, I was blown away. The effects were fantastic, Anakin was really good, and I liked the way his turn to the dark side was portrayed.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 11:32 AM   #8
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Its a good movie, I liked it alot myself, and didn't find the anti-Bush stuff to be so bad. Hayden Christensson really redeemed himself IMO, and I found that Anakin's frusteration was well portrayed. Who here was bizzarely looking forward to Anakin getting messed up in the lava fight? For some sick and twisted reason I was. Man, that ain't right.

[ 05-19-2005, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Sir Degrader ]
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:22 PM   #9
Salinye
Manshoon

I forgot to mention, I never thought they would come up with a bad guy cooler than Darth Maul, but DANG General Grevious ROCKED! What a great character!

~Salinye
Old 05-19-2005, 02:34 PM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I love all this anti Bush talk about a story line that was set in place before the man was ever in office. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] The influence on George Lucas when he conceived it was the Vietnam War. He doesn't deny there are parallels between that war and Iraq, but the theme of the loss of freedom was already in place before EP I came out.

It is a common them to discuss in times of war -- giving up liberty for safety. It's been a common theme since -- well, since liberty, government, and war were invented. It's not Lucas's fault that a war started just in time to make his story line relevant. As for lines like Padme's "and this is how democracy falls" -- that is the theme, not a slam on Bush. It's not Lucas's fault that if given the choice between leaving a theme unsaid and cramming it in the poorly-written dialogue, he will ALWAYS choose the later.