Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2002, 09:15 AM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I just got a new computer, and when I start playing, the attack icon starts flashing, and won't quit, unless I hold down the Ctrl key. I loaded a full install first, and then uninstalled and did the rec. install. I patched SoA, and tried the game w/out ToB, and still have the same problem. Has anyone come across this before, and if so, how can I fix it. The message board at Interplay is down, so I couldn't post there. System info: HP Pavillion w/Pentium III @ 600 Mhz; 20+ gig disc space remaining, running win98. NVIDIA RIVA TNT display adapters. I haven't tried IWD or BG1 yet. Any help would be appreciated. I'm setting this to email me when I get a response. I'm on my way to Black Isle to see if their message board is working. Thanks.

[ 04-23-2002, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: robertthebard ]
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 09:55 PM   #2
Chainy The Cold
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You need to clean up your background applications by doing the following: *Go to the Windows Start menu. *Click on Run, type:■ msconfig *Click on OK *Go to the Startup tab, uncheck every item except "system tray"-leave only "system tray" checked *Click on Apply, Click on OK, restart your computer This will help clear out the unnecessary background programs you have loading on your computer which cause excessive system bus traffic and interference with the game.
Old 04-20-2002, 12:16 AM   #3
Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs
Elminster

Chainy, i really don't even want to ASK how you know all that. in fact, it's quite scary. i'll be huddling in the corner, rocking back and forth in terror if anyone needs me. (im sure you wont)
Old 04-23-2002, 06:00 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Good suggestion, but it was more basic than that, I had to swap out my key board, too many buttons. I guess you can't get too fancy, or it will cause problems. Thanks, and I really did try out your suggestion. Adios?
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote