Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2002, 06:57 PM   #1
Ajax
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I just finished BG1 for the first time, and realised how inadequate my character was for finishing Sarevok. There was absolutely no way I could take him one on one, or even 6 on one, because my party was such a low level. Anyway, if anyone else gets stuck in this situation, here's how you do it - Walk up the right hand side (halfway between the edge and the middle circle) and get both Sarevok and Tazok's attention, and then run back down to where the rest of your party is. Tazok should follow you, at which point you need to charm him - You know that cheesy level one spell. After he's charmed, just walk him up to kill Sarevok. Sarevok won't hit him back for some reason, so just go ahead and use his own guy to kill him, whilst you keep your guys at a safe distance.

Anyway, I hope this helps for anyone who's having trouble with that dman end guy.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 07:28 PM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

Sarevok wasn't an easy fight, but he wasn't that hard.

There are harder fights than him, and if you struggled then it probably means you rushed the game and didn't do enough sub-quests, and therefore gain enough exp and magical equipment.

My two pence:
Old 02-02-2002, 03:29 AM   #3
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
if you struggled then it probably means you rushed the game and didn't do enough sub-quests, and therefore gain enough exp and magical equipment.

I don't think there is a right or wrong way to play this game. Depending on how you roleplay, your character may want to rush, or, she may want to take her sweet-ass time, or she may never care enough to even fight Serevok.

Doing quests and such really depends on how your character would handle the situation (if you roleplay, that is). Sometimes, it's really not in a character's interest to explore everything or do quests.
Old 02-02-2002, 01:05 PM   #4
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

hell in my last game i walked sarevok into the cloud kill his mage cast.that and his man firing the arrows of detonation i think i got one hit in before he died.he was real easy after the dsotsc was completed.
khazadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 03:22 AM   #5
Sojourner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just sent my hasted fighter-thief to fire arrows of detonation at the whole party, and when Sarevok went after him, ran him back to my party which proceeded to fill Sarevok with arrows/bolts/bullets. Before I knew it, Sarevok was giving his death speech.

Casualty count:
Sarevok's party - Sarevok and his mage
My party - none

[ 02-03-2002: Message edited by: Sojourner ]

Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote