Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-15-2002, 02:45 PM   #281
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
Oh, and it's so nice to be overlooked just because you 'think' that the Belgians won't give you enough of a challenge. Again, don't make a statement before you're sure that that statement is correct. In your own words : GROW UP.
This is pathetic. This is a footy thread. Our opinions matter. We think we're gonna do well against hte Brazilians and better against the Belgians

Any more flamebaiting from you and I contact the Mods

Old 06-15-2002, 02:54 PM   #282
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
Oh, and it's so nice to be overlooked just because you 'think' that the Belgians won't give you enough of a challenge. Again, don't make a statement before you're sure that that statement is correct. In your own words : GROW UP.
This is pathetic. This is a footy thread. Our opinions matter. We think we're gonna do well against hte Brazilians and better against the Belgians

Any more flamebaiting from you and I contact the Mods
[/QUOTE]Our opinions matter ? Then mine obviously doesn't just because i don't concure with yours. I've seen British people talk about their match with Brasil, when they don't even have a match against Brazil yet. And when i post that i got laughed at, very funny.
If voicing my opinion and doing so vehemently is flamebaiting then i guess i'm guilty.
Old 06-15-2002, 02:57 PM   #283
Lord Shield

when did we say your opinion didn't matter? what i SAID was that we won't stop voicing OUR opinions on YOUR say-so

i did NOT say your opinion didn't matter. i did NOT say anything racist - YOU inferreed that

[ 06-15-2002, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Lord Shield ]

Old 06-15-2002, 03:46 PM   #284
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The level of immaturity displayed in this thread amaze me.

Lord Shield, YOU arein the wrong here - you rubbed JR's nose in it with your flamebaiting comments about England facing Brazil and Belgium being shit - yet you're the first to take offense. Here's the sequence of events:

Quote:
the new JR Jansen said:
Aren't you people forgetting one thing. THAT BRAZIL STILL HAS TO PLAY ONE MATCH BEFORE THEY CAN FACE ENGLAND [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] . Im getting really po'ed about this. It's not like we have a big chance of winning but that doesn't mean we can. At least wait untill you're sure England is going to face Brazil before you make those statements.
Quote:
Lord Shield said:
no we won't [img]tongue.gif[/img] - what you gonna do about it? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

come on BRAZIL - we're waiting for ya
Quote:
the new JR Jansen said:
Hmpf, if that's the way it's going to be, don't expect to see me around here anymore, damn racists [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Quote:
and where do you get that racists accusation crap from? it's simply a challenge request for a footy team, because we don't think the Belgians will give us enough of a challenge

GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's pretty clear who started what here.

I was prepared to be a bit more lenient with the needling, playful flamebaiting and the competitive slagging off that happens when sports teams are discussed, but there is ONE cardinal rule to that: don't dish out what you can't take in return (applies to both of you). There were [img]tongue.gif[/img] smileys in Lord Shield's post, and [img]tongue.gif[/img] smileys in JR's post. Let's not create mountains out of molehills - it's only a footy game at the end of the day.

I would suggest that both of you stop acting like spoiled kids as you've created an argument about nothing. Stop baiting each other if you're going to act like sore losers - so far the sportsmanship on this thread has been good (till now).

JR, my advice to you when people are trying to provoke a reaction is to be quietly confident - this is the World Cup of upsets. Think of how much fun you'll have rubbing THEIR noses in it if they fall to Belgium in the quarters.

[ 06-15-2002, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 06-15-2002, 04:11 PM   #285
Lord Shield

whatever - Belgium or Brazil - ENG-ER-LAND will beat them [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'll bet it's Brazil we play though

Old 06-15-2002, 04:12 PM   #286
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
3-0, 3-0, 3-0, 3-0 [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]
Nigel, i thougt you didn't want England to win, and now you're celebrating. What made you change your mind ?[/QUOTE]Oh that not supporting England thing? I was just out to wind up Donut - it worked magnificently, dontcha think? [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2002, 04:21 PM   #287
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
whoa, there was a tennismatch here between Lord Shield and JR Janssen and i missed it, who won the match ?
Old 06-15-2002, 04:34 PM   #288
Lord Shield

Quote:
whoa, there was a tennismatch here between Lord Shield and JR Janssen and i missed it, who won the match ?
yo momma

Old 06-15-2002, 08:58 PM   #289
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:
quote:
3-0, 3-0, 3-0, 3-0 [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]
Nigel, i thougt you didn't want England to win, and now you're celebrating. What made you change your mind ?[/QUOTE]Oh that not supporting England thing? I was just out to wind up Donut - it worked magnificently, dontcha think? [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Nah - I'm not having that. You've just got caught up in the whole thing and are trying to cover your behind Nigel!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 06-15-2002, 09:00 PM   #290
Donut
Jack Burton

Bring on the Brazilians!!!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show