Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 03-06-2007, 08:30 PM   #81
TAOWolf
White Dragon

(((fingers..........cramping...........got my post up............ AHHHHHHHHHHH))))

roflmbo.... Okay Larry... I think I'm caught up with YOU now..... LOL

And for the record once again... LEAVE MY WOLF PUPS OUTTA THIS!!!!!! THEY ARE NOWHERE NEAR THIS TOWN!!!!.... *eyes Cyril* ANd dunna YOU go bringin' 'em here either....!!!

lol... *smiles sweetly*

May the moon always shine upon your face, and your imagination soar to the heavens.... Chan ann leis a’chiad bhuille thuiteas a’chraobh.
TAOWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:27 PM   #82
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Evil is what we do, dear.

Else...why would anyone bother being here?
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #83
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Armen:
Cal: it's fine - i can do something with that - probably won't post it 'til tonight though.

Kuan sounds like a nice fella.
Thank you [img]smile.gif[/img] He's meant to be fairly pleasant.

Quote:
Couple of things. On the boat Gillian would have been chatty and easy-going and friendly. He would have admitted to being a mage (although not much of one and not an illusionist as such) but not to being a former thief (obviously). Before he started studying he would have said he was a merchant and still is really (true enough actually - he was born into a merchant family).
I think Kuan would have opened up to Gillian as well. No doubt he'd have explained he was a mage as well, and they could have had a few interesting discussions on magical theory - when Kuan wasn't throwing up over the side. I imagine he's told Gillian that he comes from a long line of mages; that he's an elf, obviously, and he may have mentioned he's an invoker. I doubt he'd have mentioned much else though.

Quote:
When asked why coming to Lockesville he would have said to visit a merchant contact of his father's and then skillfully moved the conversation on to other areas. He's actually come to find Oley (game NPC) to learn from him. Gillian would have been interested to find out whether you had the same idea and therefore whether you were competition for that as he would see it.
As to why Kuan's in Lockesville, I still have to work a few things out with Larry, so I guess Kuan's not mentioned why he's there. I expect he just decided to tag along for want of nothing better to do. I'll provide an IC reason soon enough [img]smile.gif[/img]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:38 PM   #84
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by TAOWolf:

*eyes Cyril* ANd dunna YOU go bringin' 'em here either....!!!

lol... *smiles sweetly*
You, of all people, should know that it don't matter where they are - I got monsters nearby. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:48 AM   #85
TAOWolf
White Dragon

Touche' Cyril... lol

and Larry.. yup..... figures... LOL!

Out for the night...

evil dreams!
TAOWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:04 AM   #86
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
I'm moving out of state today, so I'll be offline for a day or so. I promise to be back, don't kill Pandaros!
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:59 AM   #87
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kazilan:
I promise to be back, don't kill Pandaros!
ROFL! Well...I can certainly hold off for one day...but even I don't know when Cyril's critters will get the munchies.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:33 PM   #88
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Announcement on Lockesville Pub and Inn buildings

Most gamers and readers of D&D-based fantasy have the preconceived notion that all Inns have dining areas where alcohol is served as well. However in Lockesville you'll notice that I tried to make a seperate "pub" where such dining and drinking might be exclusive and the Inn would just be a place to rest. (See map).

However, due to the multiple mistakes made by my beloved gamers, I have relented on this idea that the Inn remain alcohol-free and have devised a good story to accomodate everyone.

The post will be up momentarily which explains this change, IC.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:49 PM   #89
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

as a slight clarification - did this change occur after Gillian had to walk across the road to the pub to get something to eat . . ?

also, as the Innkeeper is now a named NPC does that mean we have to leave interactions with him open for you to respond to
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:02 PM   #90
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
The man had seemed rushed and more than a little bit flustered when they arrived even though the place was practically empty. “Is there somewhere I can get something to eat and drink? Just for one. I fear master Kuankreid will not be eating for a little while longer.” He shared a knowing smile with the innkeeper before following his directions to the pub opposite.
As noted in your post, Grant was too busy at the moment to assist you with a meal because he does the cooking himself and was not able to stop doing what he was doing to make you a meal and so gave you directions to the Pub instead. On a day where he might be less stressed, he'd gladly fix you some grub.

Grant was named from the previous game so he's always been a named NPC. I did that just to give life to the game. Cyril and I are actually keeping a list of NPCs and their bios. However that does not mean that what you did in your post was wrong, and you can continue doing so until I have a reason to actually speak for Grant or any other NPC. Since he was not needed at this time, what you did was fine.