Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 05:00 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Sticky: NWN2 Moves to October!

We just received word from Brandon Smith, co-partner of Community Relations for NWN2 that Atari is moving the release date for Neverwinter Nights 2 to late October. While some of you may be disappointed, frankly I think this is good news. A little more time in the development will definitely result in a more polished game.

Here's the comment Atari made on the changed release date:

Given the sheer size and scope of Neverwinter Nights 2 and its 50 to 60-hour single player campaign, it was decided to move the global release date of Neverwinter Nights 2 out a month to late October. This extra time is invaluable as it allows fine tuning and polishing of both the single and multiplayer experiences to ultimately deliver a game that exceeds the tremendous expectations of the Neverwinter Nights fanbase.
======================

Yeh, well, I still expect it to be a Christmas release. It's the #1 selling month for the year. And 1 month from Christmas? As I said, I think it'll be a christmas release. [img]smile.gif[/img]

This is good though. Fix all the crappy stuff. And does this mean that the DM client will be IN the release now? Hmm

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:53 PM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Nice one...... now its closer to the release of Guildwars Nightfall so will need to see what I will buy as both are holding big expectations for me.

At least I can see/play a preview of nightfall in 2 weeks. No suck luck for NWN2
Old 07-19-2006, 12:21 AM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

This doesn't suprise me in the least and I agree, Z, the later the better. I have a feeling that the rumbling about the DM Client *may* have at least given them pause -- but who can tell anymore. This is good news.

Now I think I'll head over to Bioware forums and read the angst that must be flowing in great tears and anguish...
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Good to see Atariocious doing what they should have done with other notable games -- like ToEE.

So, I'll just schedule October as the new date to NOT BUY this game.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

That's great news!!! Push it off the longer the better jsut so it runs and has the DM client.
Now I have to go sterilize my monitor with bleach seeing that someone mentioned ToEE.....
Old 07-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #6
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Just check the "Official web page" and saw that there is a limited edition that is $10.00 more?
Has anyone heard what make ths more special ( I'm thinking it has the DM client added for free)
Old 07-19-2006, 06:05 PM   #7
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by toot033:
Just check the "Official web page" and saw that there is a limited edition that is $10.00 more?
Has anyone heard what make ths more special ( I'm thinking it has the DM client added for free)
uh huh...
Old 07-19-2006, 11:36 PM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by toot033:
What is "Special" about it, is they get an extra $10 [img]smile.gif[/img]

Maybe a kick in the nuts? Some Orc poop in a ziplock?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:33 AM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Bleh....
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:58 PM   #10
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

I'm thinking 1) they found the "lost" evil campaign from ToEE ( whoops time to get the bleach out again)are are going to include that for 10 bucks or 2) they will try to go for the nostalgia option and put in on floppy disks ( mmmm the joy of sorting / installing 10+ floppies). Count me in