Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2003, 03:45 PM   #1
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Usually through out, pretty much all of my games, I took a party of six, but this time I was thinking about going semi-solo. I'm going to go with at least one other character, otherwise it kills the roleplaying part for me. I was thinking of taking Jaheira, because her cleric/druid spells may come in good use in the future (Iron Skins, Insect Plague, etc), but I don't really know what class(es) for my character to take. Anyone have any suggestions for a semi-solo game with Tactics Mod installed?
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 03:52 PM   #2
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

You could use a Ranger/Cleric, and take somebody other than Jahiera...Imoen, perhaps? You get her late in the game, though, so Edwin would do.

An Archer would be good because he could snipe off enemies from a distance, a sorcerer because you would be able to complement Jahiera's druid spells with your arcane, a tank for the roleplaying aspect (her bodyguard...try a Paladin), or a Blade. Blade's are great-magic, swordplay, charisma, and cool special abilities. The Blade would be a good support for Jahiera as well-use defensive spin with the Ring of Free Action, stand near an enemy to attract it, cast some spells, and then sing your song, which would help Jahiera smite the distracted enemy. Once you get Imp. Bard Song, that tactic would work much better, although your AC wouldn't be as high when compared to the enemies THACO.

Oh, and the MMM exploit comes to mind...
Old 07-30-2003, 03:54 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

F/M/T and Jaheira or R/C and Solaufein
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 04:05 PM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

How is it exactly that ranger/clerics have blunt weapon resistance?
Old 07-30-2003, 04:06 PM   #5
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

I don't think that they have it naturally, but the Defender of Easthaven could give that sort of protection...its a flail, so R/C's can use it.
Old 07-30-2003, 04:07 PM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
How is it exactly that ranger/clerics have blunt weapon resistance?
Hwo said anything about this?

Edit:but they can have high Physical Resistance.
Armor Of Faith+Defender Of Eastheaven+Hardiness [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-30-2003, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 07-30-2003, 04:19 PM   #7
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I've heard Daan say they have high physical resistance to some type of weapon damage a lot, so I just assumed. I was thinking some around a single class then dual over to another, but considering I've already played a Kensai, I'm a little bored with that idea.

Tell me this though, wouldn't playing a F/M/T just to get UAI be a waste considering you could use nearly every item in the game anyway?
Old 07-30-2003, 04:24 PM   #8
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

As long as you're a fighter or paladin or swashbuckler, etc, then you should take Aerie. A Fighter/Thief and a Mage/Cleric, not a bad combo...
Old 07-30-2003, 04:25 PM   #9
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Well yes. To tell you the truth F/M/T is also or very near overpowerd.
I still suggest R/C and Solaufein.
Old 07-30-2003, 04:34 PM   #10
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

The reason I want to take Jaheira is basicly for the spells and her romance, I've done Aerie's and Viconia's, so I thought Jaheira would be an obvious choice, plus her interactions with the Harpers give into good roleplay experience.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dadams1:
As long as you're a fighter or paladin or swashbuckler, etc, then you should take Aerie. A Fighter/Thief and a Mage/Cleric, not a bad combo...
Actually thats not too bad an idea, I've never really experimented with the Swashbuckler class yet, so I might give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Well yes. To tell you the truth F/M/T is also or very near overpowerd.
Actually, it depends how you look at it. A Fighter/Mage can be overpowered if you write down all the spell scrolls you find into your mage book.