Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2003, 12:29 PM   #31
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Very nice post, Hugh. And very true. But I do have to humbly disagree with you on one point.

A smile and "I love you" from my wife warms my whole heart.....but a smile and "I love you" from my children strikes to the very core of my being. There is no greater joy than that.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:24 PM   #32
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Ah Yorick, always the light-hearted cheer-bringer Well, you made me smile bro [img]smile.gif[/img]

Nothing could be more true of course. There's always room for a smile, and if someone needs a larger dose o' sunshine, there's always the magical hug.
Ah, beautiful beautiful people....
The magical hug. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-13-2003, 07:38 PM   #33
SomeGuy
Unicorn

AH yes.If I'm having a downed day a smile from any girl(ANY GIRL) makes my day brighter.The magical hug makes my day worth anything.And I too know of the smiles of little children,and it always warms my heart see one.Great post Yorick.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 01-15-2003, 02:41 AM   #34
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
AH yes.If I'm having a downed day a smile from any girl(ANY GIRL) makes my day brighter.The magical hug makes my day worth anything.And I too know of the smiles of little children,and it always warms my heart see one.Great post Yorick.
No worries Someguy.

And thanks Realbinky, Avatar, Rokken and Cerek the Civilised for your words. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-15-2003, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-16-2003, 12:06 AM   #35
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

This is too sweet a thread to let it drop just yet! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2003, 12:18 AM   #36
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Haha

Well, you know its intresting. Girls my age dont flash too many smiles my way, more of just a 'that guy over there is starting to freak me out' type of look. And they always look at me out of the conner of their eye..Its strange.

However, whats even more strange, if you took note I said girl MY age. Its pretty, older women always smile at me. I am compelety serious about this. Like just today I was out eating with my family, and a woman I would say that was probably in her early to mid thirtys was up at the counter ordering something and I was sitting in my bench, minding my own bussines, she turned around to go sit down and she gave me a gave me a real big smile. Stuff like this happens daily to me. Its really strange.

Edit-When I say older women I mean 30's-40's not that thats old, but you know what I mean.

[ 01-16-2003, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 01-16-2003, 12:45 AM   #37
homer
Manshoon

Everyday my wife comes home from work and smiles at me. For that moment the rest of the day dose not matter. There are only two things more precious to me, the smiles of my children. I have two children, little boys. I remember the first time they smiled at me and I put up a valiant effort to get them to smile at me every day. Sometimes it is not easy, but always worth it.

I believe a smile is a powerful thing. The next time you are having a heated discussion with someone, stop and smile at them. I do not mean a sarcastic type smile either, a sincere and friendly smile. It will probably help to diffuse the situation. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2003, 06:17 AM   #38
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Haha

Well, you know its intresting. Girls my age dont flash too many smiles my way, more of just a 'that guy over there is starting to freak me out' type of look. And they always look at me out of the conner of their eye..Its strange.

However, whats even more strange, if you took note I said girl MY age. Its pretty, older women always smile at me. I am compelety serious about this. Like just today I was out eating with my family, and a woman I would say that was probably in her early to mid thirtys was up at the counter ordering something and I was sitting in my bench, minding my own bussines, she turned around to go sit down and she gave me a gave me a real big smile. Stuff like this happens daily to me. Its really strange.

Edit-When I say older women I mean 30's-40's not that thats old, but you know what I mean.
How old are you? If you are in your late teens then this is understandable. Women in their 30's are becoming insecure about their age, starting to feel old. Late teen males represent almost fully-developed young men - their favourite targets
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-16-2003, 07:10 AM   #39
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
[QBHow old are you? If you are in your late teens then this is understandable. Women in their 30's are becoming insecure about their age, starting to feel old. Late teen males represent almost fully-developed young men - their favourite targets [/QB]
[img]graemlins/troutslap.gif[/img] BAD Vaskie! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Some of us 'mature' ladies are quite content with ourselves at those ages. [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] You make it sound like 30+ women prey on teens, you perv! [img]graemlins/troutslap.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whipitgood.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Now find sweet, romantic Vaskie and let him play more often or I'll find a bigger trout! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2003, 09:57 AM   #40
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Haha

How old are you? If you are in your late teens then this is understandable. Women in their 30's are becoming insecure about their age, starting to feel old. Late teen males represent almost fully-developed young men - their favourite targets [/QUOTE] Yeah I have thought about that theory before, and I guess it makes sence. But the only problem is, I am not in my late teens. I am only 14, 15 in Apiril. However, I have been mistaken for older then I actually am several times. So yeah, I guess it does makes sence...In a weird kind of way.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge