Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2002, 03:44 PM   #1
Moni

Below is a picture of what will probably be kitty number 12 since the other one that has been coming around asking to be fed actually let me pet her the last time she was here!

She is white with calico ears and a calico tail...brilliant green eyes and just beautiful! I know she has no home because I see her ducking under the building of a heavy-machinery yard down the street.

He could possibly be the brother of Captain Marmalade and Mr. Snuggles that we though had gotten run over after we gave him away.
The reason I say so is because (1)he looks like him and (2)Captain, Snuggles, Sweety Pie (older half brother) and Seven (mom) have no problems with him hanging around.
I thought the one we gave away had longer hair and looked just like the one we saw run over near the house where his owners live but KHaN is saying otherwise...and he was only 8 weeks old when we gave him away.

If anything he is more than likely related to their dad which is why the others find something to recognize in him and not mind him being around. Even EV has made friends with him...gopher hunting partners LOL

He won't let me near him but he does not hesitate to ask to be fed or come into the yard when the dish I feed him out of across the street is empty.
I feed him over there because Boo has shown a jealous side when he is around and William will chase him out of the yard.

He does get a little more comfortable with me every time I get near but 6 feet is his present comfort zone. He did watch me pet the little girl though so hopefully she can assure him that I would do him no harm if he ever let me pet him.

The thing is getting him closer to our yard for comfort purposes rather than for food though...giving him a place to come in out of the elements.
William knows I disapprove of his chasing him and will mellow out as long as he doesn't eat in William's "special place" outside.
Boo will be another story altogether I am sure...he is just all bully but in a very gentle way, if you can even describe it as that. He doesn't use claws to injure others but he does like knowing that his size (14 lbs) intimidates everyone else and he has to be "king of the kitty collection" for some reason.
Must be the Siamese in him...which is where you'll see a potential conflict when you see Our Newest Friend........

Old 10-13-2002, 04:07 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
LOL Soon you'll need a bigger house.
Old 10-13-2002, 07:04 PM   #3
Aviehenda
Dungeon Master

The cat in the picture is really beautiful! I love cats with that color, and bright eyes like that [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2002, 07:12 PM   #4
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Nice cat. We've got three ourselves. How do you manage to keep 'em all friendly with one another though?
Old 10-13-2002, 08:47 PM   #5
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
Nice cat. We've got three ourselves. How do you manage to keep 'em all friendly with one another though?
Good question LOL!

I'd say first and foremost that neutering the males and spaying the females mellowed them all severely LOL.

William, Bubba, Hillary, and Maggie are all related and at 8+ years old are mellowed even more with age. William was the only rabble-rouser out of any of them but Boo kicked his a$$ when he turned 6 months old and "matured"...mainly to pay William back for harrassing him when he was new here and too sick and small to fight against him. One of Boo's ears is badly scarred where William sliced it in half the day I brought him in (and just before finding out that he was close to death already). When William did that, Boo just laid down with an "I give up just kill me now" look in his eyes...I guess after we helped him recover and he grew up, he let William know he had not forgotten and nearly blinded William with a slice through his face that missed one of his eyeballs by a hair.

Boo and Sweety Pie are only a month apart in age and I honestly believe that Boo thinks we brought Sweety here to be his own personal toy and best friend.
William picked on Sweety Pie too, but Sweety Pie is so passive that he still avoids him even though William (since the whuupin' Boo gave him) doesn't bother anyone anymore lol.

Sweety Pie, Seven, Captain Marmalade, and Mr. Snuggles are all related too and they are a good little family, watching out for one another and playing nice.

E.V. the newest kid on the block was taken in by Boo and Captain as a new toy and playmate and helped to close the gap between Boo being the only cat not related to any others and the other related adoptees. He's really sweet and good natured too. They all are, with the "kind of" exception of Boo (who just likes to play hard lol).

When I was younger, we had 14 cats at my mom's house and they all got along in spite of the fact that no two were related to one another. None of them were fixed either come to think of it.

Now, I don't know LOL...just lucky I guess? [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]

johnny,
lol no kidding! You don't know how grateful I am that we never see more than 5 at a time in any one room lol.

Aviehenda,
Yeah I think he is a beauty too! If I can get a pic of the little girl, I'll post it too..she is, (and her eyes are) amazingly beautiful!
Check out the link in my sig, "Pets Need Love Too" to see my Boo and the others...I think you'll appreciate how pretty they all are.
Sweety Pie looks black until you get him into the sunlight. He is very dark brown with black tabby stripes and when you rub his fur backwards, it is all white next to his skin. White underneath black fur is not common but not really rare either. It is just amazing with him being striped as well though. Our vet says she had never seen a cat marked like he is...neither had we.

Old 10-13-2002, 08:55 PM   #6
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

AWWWWW!! He's so lovely! [img]smile.gif[/img] I hope you can 'tame' him down a bit. [img]smile.gif[/img] He's too purty to not be loved on.

As an update to you, Moni, I've found a home for one of my brood - my Mom!

I was too afraid to let Tabitha (momma to the kittens I still have) go back outside here as I've got a 'pet killer' road, and she was fighting with my other two cats (she acts hurt that her babies hiss at her now and don't want her around, but she HATES my other two cats). So instead of risking the very real possibility of her getting hit here, yet to give her the chance to be outside again, which she wanted very much, I asked my Mom to take her while I advertised her for adoption.

Instead, my Mom has fallen in love with her! My Dad, too. [img]smile.gif[/img] She gets to go in and out as she pleases and can hunt the chipmunks that are destroying my parents property with twenty years of tunneling. I mean, I love all creatures - including chipmunks, but these are overpopulated and destructive.

Keep up the good work with your 'strays' and I'll do the same here and, one day, between the two of us, we will end up adopting all the strays there are.
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 10-13-2002, 09:16 PM   #7
Moni

Oh God help me if i end up with more cats than I have enough life (of my own) to take care of LOL!
We said "No More!" before EV but we just can't turn our backs on the things. We had even given EV away but one good (accidental) mauling by KHaN's mom's dogs and he is back here again. At least the other one we gave them is smart enough to stay out of their back yard.

That is great that your mom has your momma! Now she still gets to socialize with you without having to live in a stressed out environment! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I got a momma cat that way once...she hated other cats and started picking on the kitten of hers that her owners wanted to keep. Apparently, they liked the young one better than her so I got to take her home as a three year old and she was with me for 8 years. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2002, 12:16 AM   #8
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

O_o that cat resembles chock... a little... or maybe i'm just not saimeese-savy...
Old 10-14-2002, 12:26 AM   #9
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
O_o that cat resembles chock... a little...
I kind of think so too.

[ 10-14-2002, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 10-17-2002, 11:43 PM   #10
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
the other one that has been coming around asking to be fed actually let me pet her the last time she was here!

She is white with calico ears and a calico tail...brilliant green eyes and just beautiful! I know she has no home because I see her ducking under the building of a heavy-machinery yard down the street.
And here she is...not the best pic but I was already running late for school and she wouldn't be still...a little paranoid, hungry for food and hungry for attention all at once. I had not seen her in a few days so food was first this moring but this evening, she wanted pets first lol.

Now to get find a day when I can trap her early enough to get her to the vet's to be fixed and still make it to school on time without interferring with the vet's schedule lol...wish me luck!