Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-13-2001, 02:07 PM   #1
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Okay I was breezing through the planar sphere with my usual protections against traps up Stoneskin/mirrorimage/protection from petrification and I came to an area I knew there was a trap. I kept dying!!!! That is until I caught on. Something is killing me that I don't have protection against. That is when lightbulbs went off. I bet it is a symbol of death. So........I cast spell immunity and bing!!!! It worked, I lived. Yay!!!!! Then I was in the Astral prison cruising along when I came to the warden. I had my spell trigger to go off with mislead/truesight and SPELL IMMUNITY, but when it triggered I chose evocation. I died twice instantly before lightbulbs went off again. I bet he's using symbol death or power word kill!!!! I then chose Protection from conjuration and bing!!!! I killed him with two Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting. Thank you spell immunity!!!! Anyone else have a life saving spell they've used?

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Fuzzy Animal ]

Old 11-13-2001, 02:25 PM   #2
Tsantlar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Where did you find a scroll of Spell Trigger? I can not find it. I have contingency, minor spell sequencer and spell sequencer, but have not been able to find Spell Trigger.

Tsantlar
Old 11-13-2001, 06:18 PM   #3
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

I have it, but i cant remember where i found it , is somewhere in the game...
Old 11-13-2001, 10:12 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Therein lies the advantage of being a Sorcerer... you don't need no stinking scroll.
Old 11-13-2001, 10:44 PM   #5
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

oops...I forgot to mention that I am a sorcerer. That is correct, I learned spell trigger automatically when I reached level 16.
Old 11-14-2001, 02:26 AM   #6
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

I believe contingency ranks up there with the life-saving spells. I've been saved with a stoneskin quite a few times. I know when my stoneskin has to kick in, it's time for a new strategy. (They shouldn't be that close to me.) [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Arrghhh...I think I used up my maximum fifth level spells and didn't take Spell Immunity. [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2001, 12:05 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Woah... you did not choose Spell Immunity? Cloak of Mirroring will protect you from most spells, but Maze and Imprisonment are going to be a pain in the a**.