Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-17-2005, 10:58 AM   #1
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I always see/hear about how you can get Irenicus AND Bodhi to join you in the final battle, but I've never been able to get both. I seem to remember getting Bodhi once, never Irenicus though. Do you have to be a certain alignment, certain charisma or reputation? Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 03:07 PM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You can get Bodhi? I've never even tried to get Bodhi; Irenicus is the only one that I've managed to get. There's a certain dialogue sequence you need to follow, plus you need to have room in your party for him (go in with less than 6 characters, and this does not include losing Imoen in the beginning of the battle).

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 06:47 PM   #3
SimDing0
Dungeon Master

Bodhi and Balthazar are the ones you can get to join you with Ascension, and Irenicus becomes available with Redemption. (The Redemption and Longer Road dialogues are notoriously tricky to navigate, so I wouldn't be surprised if it took an extremely obscure path to get Irenicus.)
SimDing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 12:38 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by SimDing0:
Bodhi and Balthazar are the ones you can get to join you with Ascension, and Irenicus becomes available with Redemption. (The Redemption and Longer Road dialogues are notoriously tricky to navigate, so I wouldn't be surprised if it took an extremely obscure path to get Irenicus.)
the path for irenicus actually isn't as obscure as you think, although it is long. However, if you don't have space in your party, it will fail no matter what dialogue options you chose.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 01:24 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

So, what is the path, exactly? I always lose him.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:16 PM   #6
SimDing0
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
the path for irenicus actually isn't as obscure as you think, although it is long.
No, really, I found myself guessing most of the dialogue responses, and there didn't seem to be much rationale behind some of the required paths. I believe Mr. Compton had similar difficulties. I think there's a certain commitment to reloading required to progress through the mod, but the trickiness in navigation seems to have been the author's intent, so presumably it adds depth or whatever for some people.
SimDing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:08 AM   #7
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

You can get Baltazar? and bohdi? but you dont even see bohdi after you kill her the second time? or does that change when you install the mod?. Im already planning for my solo mage to be accompanied by Irenicus and the TOB NPC and i might get those two as well, are you certain you can get them though? it doesnt say in the description of any of the mods.

[ 06-21-2005, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: lost prophet ]
Old 06-21-2005, 02:30 PM   #8
Sir Goulum
John Locke

It's only for the final battle. And they don't join as NPC's (ie. in your party), they're just on your side, and fight with. Sorta like Drizzt and the Paladins and the Theives who can help you in the final battle with Bodhi.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:53 PM   #9
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

When you say final battle, do you mean the "final" time you face Melissan or once you get to the Throne of Bhaal?

Peace, John.
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:58 AM   #10
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

Is that the same with Irenicus? i have the longest road installed as well so doesnt that mean i get him for the whole of the expansion?.