Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 04-18-2007, 01:30 AM   #31
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Rockstar:
Harkoliar.

I see what you mean by that quote, but realise, an ordinary person could not do what the protagonists in these games can.

The main character is a Child of Bhaal. Part god and a far more powerful than average being. This power does vary drastically, but the protagonist defeats Sarevok and The Five in BG, and can do so solo, so is fitting for that powerful image if done this way.

Heros are heros because they are looked up upon with respect from their peers, may it be real life (us praising life guards and firemen) or in the D&D world (peasants saluting a powerful paladin).

And to avoid raising any controversy, don't compare Jesus Christ to fantacy AD&D. How many dead people have you resurrected rescently huh? lol
Its not my words, I just quoted a source with the good reliable copy and paste style. I have already placed the link and I just mentioned it has placed some valid arguments. I do admit bringing Jesus in the argument wasnt the best idea but I was hesitant to remove anything of his arguments because it my right to edit his words [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

I do agree that the (spoil) child of Bhaal should be a demi-god therefore the character statistics has to be unusually high. The current train of thought was about what are the stats for an average character be it peasant or just a guard.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:34 PM   #32
Lord Michael
Elminster

0th level.... that just made me laugh.
"hey, what level is your Mage?"

"Zero-th"

[img]smile.gif[/img]

"Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
Lord Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:32 AM   #33
Imrahil
Elminster

Speaking of which, I can't help but chuckle when someone says..
Quote:
Originally posted by someone recently:
or tombs... which are still unnatural
...instead of tomes. Also? Rouge. Hilarious, IMO. Just pretend they actually meant to say "rouge" instead of "rogue" - guarantee the sentence becomes funny.

- Imrahil (who has the Intelligence to spot typos, but lacks the Wisdom to not laugh when he sees some of them over & over)
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:48 PM   #34
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

To get back to the title question, lately I'm into playing my dual-class fighter/cleric. I ran through BG + TOTSC as a fighter with maxed out strength, constitution, dexterity and wisdom, making sure I picked up all the tomes. Then I imported him into SOA and dualed to a cleric at level 10 sporting 21 wisdom. Man that guy is badass - like an improved Anomen minus the whining.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:28 AM   #35
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Arledrian, while that character is undoubtedly very powerful, you were so close to making him so much better (by choosing the Berserker kit and a better level to dual at).

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote