Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-26-2005, 12:58 AM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I read in the readme that Kelsey should be near the Firecam estate in the government district. And I thought I had installed the mod correctly, but now I'm thinking not? Because he's not there at all - I have looked all around the government district and he's not there. All I can see is a fat commoner lol - I hope that's not him!

I followed the directions to installing the mod I thought - and it said it had installed correctly. Also I can see evidence in the game that the other mods I installed worked okay so I'm not sure what happened. I did install both the SOA and the TOB Kelsey mods - was that right? It seemed to be the right way to do it (and I did SOA first and then TOB) but it wasn't entirely clear so maybe that was wrong? Maybe I was supposed to do it after other mods? I did the proper games, patch, baldurdash then mods, though.

If I uninstall him and then reinstall it, would he appear in the same game, or would I have to start a new game? Not that I've done very much but still.

Thanks for any help [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2005, 03:00 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

What you did was right - Kelsey-SOA puts him in Athkatla, Kelsey-TOB puts him in a prominent place in TOB, and so you install both to have him in both places.
Try reinstalling. You shouldn't need to start a new game. At the very most you should be able to get away with it by going back to a savegame where you haven't been to the Government District yet.
Also try getting him in TOB... the Kelsey TOB readme also gives details on where to find him.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:18 AM   #3
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

He is meant to walk up to you in the Government District. He walks up to you off his own accord and talks to you. Perhaps you missed him and he tried to follow but you lost him somewhere because he couldn't catch up?

--Kestrel--
Old 01-26-2005, 10:41 AM   #4
jcompton
Elminster

Check your weidu.log file (open it up in Notepad or another text editor/word processor) and verify that "KELSEY.TP2" is really there.

One mistake sometimes people make is that the WeiDU auto-updater kicks in and says "re-run Setup-XXXX.exe" and then they don't follow that instruction to the letter, instead re-running the installer package they downloaded. You may have done that.

(And yes, it's correct that you installed both the SOA and TOB portions and in that order.)
Old 01-26-2005, 04:50 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Thanks guys [img]smile.gif[/img] . I checked the log and it was there, but no Kelsey. So I reinstalled and he was right there waiting for me. Now, just to check, he will romance my female half-elf won't he?
Old 01-26-2005, 07:14 PM   #6
Andyr
Manshoon

There might be an INT/CHR requirement, but I'm not sure. The gender and race are ok, though.
[url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net/\" target=\"_blank\">\"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see...\"</a> - G3: Home of IE mods<br /><br />[url]\"http://forums.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">Forums</a><br /><br /><i>JCompton:</i> Suggested plugs include \"Click here so Compton doesn\'t ban me. [url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net/ub\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.pocketplane.net/ub</a> \"
Andyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:32 AM   #7
jcompton
Elminster

Kelsey has no stat requirements, just the race ones. So yes, that should be fine.