Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-23-2001, 05:53 PM   #1
Chrispi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My guess is the longsword, coz you are more likely to find good magic ones. Am I right?/ [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/1drowndead.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2001, 06:02 PM   #2
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

yeah long and short sword are the best I think because there are a lot of them, but if you want some really low thaco then you need to go with a katana, and maybe a scimitar
Old 11-23-2001, 06:08 PM   #3
Chrispi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So its best not to use 2 of the same weapon?, because if that is the case then i have to put my profiences in between 2 different weapons!, so as to make it nigh impossible to grandmaster in 1 let alone both, as i want to duel class with a mage. I mean can you use 2 longswords at once? Do you find many magical katanas and scimitars throughout the game? [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2001, 06:34 PM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Magical katanas and scimitars are rare but one of the best weapons falls in one of these catagories. The best thing, imho, is to dual wield long swords though. You'll find a lot of them and some of them have some special abilitie aswell. Plus you don't have to distribute your proficencie points over two weapon classes.
Old 11-23-2001, 08:07 PM   #5
jabidas
Silver Dragon

scimitar is good because belm will give you one extra attack per round
Old 11-23-2001, 08:22 PM   #6
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

I would dual weild Celestial Fury and Blackrazor!
Old 11-23-2001, 11:47 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by BALROGBANE:
I would dual weild Celestial Fury and Blackrazor!

By the time you can get Blackrazor( evil path by the way), you more or less have completed SoA already, and there are more kickass Longswords in ToB.
Old 11-24-2001, 03:03 AM   #8
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Chrispi:
So its best not to use 2 of the same weapon?, because if that is the case then i have to put my profiences in between 2 different weapons!, so as to make it nigh impossible to grandmaster in 1 let alone both, as i want to duel class with a mage. I mean can you use 2 longswords at once? Do you find many magical katanas and scimitars throughout the game? [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img]

Yes, you can dual-wield 2 long swords and even 2 katanas.
I have Minsc and he has been dual-wielding 2 long swords in almost every battle.

I just picked up Valygar (replacing Minsc). He carries a +1 katana with some special abilities..so I put that in his off-hand and Celestial Fury in his sword hand. Seems to work pretty good so far.
Old 11-24-2001, 03:07 AM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Celestial Fury and Belm. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com