Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2001, 02:08 AM   #1
JimJ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When you solve the murder you find out the tanner was working for someone else, who attacks and runs. You then find out they were working for someone else. spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
When you follow up on lead and talk to guy in Umar Hills that says to complete the Human Skin armor that you need blood of Silver Dragon. The way he talks it seems like that the Twisted Rune might be behind this. How do you find out w/o killing Dragon? Can you? My characters are good, and I assume that this is not a good thing to do. I want to expose the plot. I want to know what happens. I guess I could go back and kill Adalon (if I can). Can someone fill me in on the whole quest? I'm curious.
Old 08-13-2001, 02:16 AM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

My guess is that they (Bioware) left out tying up the Twisted Rune sub-plots as a quest for whatever reason (time constraints, for example). I too thought that there is a connection (Fael says something about crossing the rune). So what we have are the various sub-plots, but not something else to tie up evrything together.
Old 08-13-2001, 02:28 AM   #3
JimJ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Hayashi,

Also, when you 1st encounter Shangalar, there are several response options which leads me to believe there is a quest that leads you to them. Have you created the armor with the blood of the Dragon? What happens?
Old 08-13-2001, 04:12 AM   #4
Sigmar
Unicorn

Bioware didn't have time to wrap the quests so thats why there are gaps. When you use the dragon's blood on the skin armour is created. It can only be worn by evil characters, it counts as leather armour, it gives you 1 armour class increases your immunity to poison by 25% and it increases stealth(I think).

------------------
"Revere the ancestors, obey your king,bear your arms with pride, fear no foe, hate the greenskin, mistrust the Elf, and you can do no wrong."
Sigmar, proud member of clan HADB
Old 08-13-2001, 05:13 AM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by JimJ:
Thanks Hayashi,

Also, when you 1st encounter Shangalar, there are several response options which leads me to believe there is a quest that leads you to them. Have you created the armor with the blood of the Dragon? What happens?
No I didn't kill Adalon as my party is good-aligned. I tried exposing Fael though but nothing I said would get him to attack me. So I just stepped up and killed him.
Old 08-13-2001, 06:59 AM   #6
Vampire

There were lots of HUGE HUGE quests unfinished such as the

spoiler

Illithids in Athkatla being involved in a huge scandle with Jan..etc.
the Twisted Rune was supposed to be a major quest
Old 08-13-2001, 04:07 PM   #7
JimJ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks everyone.

Yeah, as great a game as this is, these holes are kind of irritating. You find notes (like the Illithids) and other things, and it leads to nothing. How disappointing.
Old 08-13-2001, 07:53 PM   #8
Jake
Banned User

So what exactly are rune assassins?

------------------