Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2002, 03:30 PM   #1
Finnwop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Possible Spoiler... I guess...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I ran across a shrine called "Assemanu" south east of the first town, filled with Ash People, and Corpus Stalkers and dead ordinators. In the middle of it I found someone who I think was Dagoth Ur, and whacked him, he looked like a squid with a robe. In this cave there was a bunch of bells I can ring as well as a bucket of corpus wrapings and a small shrine like thing with small corups meats on it. A chest I haven't opened, a "Sixth House Bell Hammer" and Dagoth had a "Sixth House Amulet" on him, which causes 100 fatiuge to yourself every time you cast it for five seconds... my question is.. Is this part of the main quest? I was just wandering around and started whup'in did I mess something up? Should I back out and ignore this? Do the bells mean anything? Corpus shrine?
Finnwop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 03:35 PM   #2
huma
The Magister

You will find many other shrines like this one in your travels. Carry on. You can try playing your favorite tune on the bells if you wish... That is the only purpose they serve.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

One more thing, If you whack anyone that will seriously affect the main plot in any way, the game will open a window and inform/warn you about it.

[ 06-14-2002, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: huma ]
Old 06-14-2002, 04:09 PM   #3
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

ROTFLMFAO. you did not just say you killed dagoth ur. he is a god. he requires wraithguard, sunder, and keening to destroy. and yes that is the final mission to the main quest
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 04:17 PM   #4
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

dont think it was dagoth ur either if it looked like an squid like thing. it is called an ascended sleeper. it was a sixth house you were in and it has the enchanted robe of st. roris. which is required for a hlaalu house quest. the ascended sleepers do have dagoth names such as dagoth veloth and so on.
Old 06-14-2002, 07:50 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

There are 2 Dagoth Ur in the game, one you can only kill during end game with 3 artifacts and the other you can kill at anytime.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 10:07 PM   #6
Avenstar
Dungeon Master

There are "Dagoth " things all over the place. As for the bells, there are just enough to play Jingle Bells.

You will find many more smuggler mines, caves, shrines, ruins, grottos, mineral mines, tombs, libraries, shipwrecks, huts, castles, egg mines, camps, and towers.

You will find all manner of the living and the dead in these places, all with proper, important sounding names that really are only something to read while your killing them. If you kill someone who is part of the main storyline, you will know instantly, either with a warning message or a journal update. If you kill someone associated with any of the side quests, you won't know until you get sent on that quest, which gives you something to do on your next trip through the game.

You will find every type of item imaginable, from cups and spoons to glowing swords of death and destruction. Do they have a use in the primary story? Maybe. But you will never know. If its expensive and kills you when you equip it, then ya it probably is important. Find a building and store it full of all your random maybe quest items and all those other items that you want to save just cause they look pretty. My personal stash was recently appraised by Ra'Virr the Trader to be valued at over 2 million septims. Why do I have all of this crap lying around? Because when my Nightblade finally decides to retire, he needs to have things to show for all his adventures. Sure, you can download some cheap house plugin off the net filled with everything already, but it has no personal value. Some may say there is no reason to have 5 Ebony Broadswords and 3 Daedric Tantos, but each of those items represents a memory, a memory my Nightblade wants to hang on his wall so that when he is old and a step shy of the looney bin, he can point at the wall, declare loudly that the metal machines that used to come and beat him in the night may return to reclaim their lost property. And then the son can say "sure dad, sure" and everything will be all well.
Old 06-15-2002, 02:17 AM   #7
Recluse
Dungeon Master

you are one sick, sick, wierd little man..... seek help now lol
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 03:49 AM   #8
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

i have come aross many a names in MW but none ever had the same name, similar name but never the same.like assemanu for example. there is also an assumanu. besides if they did copy names why would they copy the gods name at the end of the main quest? there arent that many ascended sleepers in the game to begin with. they could all easily have a different name.
Old 06-16-2002, 08:16 AM   #9
dwarf4hire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Avenstar-

What if you create that house yourself, with your own two hands. You may then place all of your treasures into it and add one more memory to your collection, eh?
\"To fail to speak to a man who is capable of benefiting is to let a man go to waste. To speak to a man who is incapable of benefiting is to let one\'s words go to waste. A wise man lets neither men nor words go to waste.\"~Kung Ch\'iu-Confucius
dwarf4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 12:51 PM   #10
Avenstar
Dungeon Master

I have thought about that. Most plugin houses are designed on efficiency and easy access. My home would be out in the middle of the ocean on top of a mountain surrounded by lava guarded by Telvanni guards and Dwemer ballistas. Assuming you can do that sort of thing. You would have to slay an army of Golden Saints, Daedroth, Hungers, Clannfears, Dremora Lords, and Skeleton Champions just to get to it. A real test of power, and another way to earn the house, not just give it to yourself.