Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-11-2003, 02:41 AM   #1
cav_again
Manshoon

I just got done experimienting with a spell sequencer scroll I found, and sequencers seem pretty nifty. I have a few questions though

1. How exactly do they work (how does a sequencer from a scroll work compared to one that my sorcerer has chosen to learn) ?

2. What are some good spell combination recomendations?

3. Should I get one next time my sorcerer levels up (she's level 12 right now), or how long should I wait before getting one (are there higher level sequencers)? [NOTE: Levels are not a concern; I have an XP cap remover installed, I'm going to play TOB eventually, and I'm going to go through the game a couple times with this sorceress.]

4. can I get multiple sequencers (and can i cast them repeatedly one after another, or di i have to give it some time between casts, like spells)?

5. In what order do the spells in the sequencer take effect (like, in the order that you put the in the sequencer, or by level, or by spell casting time, or what)?

I'll post new questions as I come up with them. It seems like sequencers are quite useful, and it appears as though they would simplify things in a multiplayer game (I'm going to be playing in one with a couple friends, and I'm going to be either a Cavalier, a sorceress, or control both).

thanks

[ 09-11-2003, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: cav_again ]
cav_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 03:21 AM   #2
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

from the forum faq you get this . .

http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Main.htm

i'm no sequencer expert myself though having just got the minor version although i am liking the two magic missiles [img]smile.gif[/img]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 05:27 AM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

sequencers are extremely powerful and can be used for several purposes. I use my spell triggers as a fast way to bring down resistances and magic defenses (but Wand of Spellstriking is neice here too if you have ToB)
If you use it often you should pick it if not it's better cast it from scrolls (same effect) after all you have to cast it and then rest to get the other spells you used inside back.
there are three types: Minor SpS, SpS, and SpellTrigger for more info read the manual or go to the site Armen suggested