Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-26-2001, 06:48 AM   #21
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Right! Thats long enough, back to gloating
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 11-26-2001, 07:04 AM   #22
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Staralfur:
Right! Thats long enough, back to gloating

You overdid that a bit - two minutes is far too long.

I think I might travel to Oz next year to watch the games. At least they'll be on at a decent time of day. Will the games still be on even though Australia aren't in it?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-26-2001, 07:19 AM   #23
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

I think I might travel to Oz next year to watch the games. At least they'll be on at a decent time of day. Will the games still be on even though Australia aren't in it?

Donut, I have to admit, Clive "Try? What's A Try?" Woodward certainly has a grand plan up his sleeve! And that grand plan is to secretly take over Sir Alex Ferguson's job, seeing how the Red Devils are reeling a bit at the moment. I think that Man U will sign Clive "A Ball Spinning Between The Uprights Is Better Than A Ball Planted Between The Sticks Any Day" Woodward, and he will bring along Jonny "I Always Wanted To Play Alongside Ruud" Wilkinson with him. On Wilkinson's current form I give England the No.1 spot in the Soccer/Rugby hybrid class.

I hate to admit it, but after watching the Wallabies wobble to a win against woeful Wales last night, I think that Eddie Jones and Matt Burke may have stolen a page from Clive "My Team Does Score Tries Albeit Intercept Ones" Woodward's book titled "How To Win - By Englanding". What's an Englanding, might you ask? Well, Burke kicked a record seven Englandings - I mean goals. The words are synonymous, really. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2001, 07:33 AM   #24
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Donut, I have to admit, Clive "Try? What's A Try?" Woodward certainly has a grand plan up his sleeve! And that grand plan is to secretly take over Sir Alex Ferguson's job, seeing how the Red Devils are reeling a bit at the moment. I think that Man U will sign Clive "A Ball Spinning Between The Uprights Is Better Than A Ball Planted Between The Sticks Any Day" Woodward, and he will bring along Jonny "I Always Wanted To Play Alongside Ruud" Wilkinson with him. On Wilkinson's current form I give England the No.1 spot in the Soccer/Rugby hybrid class.

I hate to admit it, but after watching the Wallabies wobble to a win against woeful Wales last night, I think that Eddie Jones and Matt Burke may have stolen a page from Clive "My Team Does Score Tries Albeit Intercept Ones" Woodward's book titled "How To Win - By Englanding". What's an Englanding, might you ask? Well, Burke kicked a record seven Englandings - I mean goals. The words are synonymous, really. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Memnoch, I have a special scraper here for the bottom of that barrel you appear to be cleaning!

It doesn't bode well for the future of world rugby when the previously 'superior' southern hemisphere send teams to play England whose only intention is to deliberately kill the ball or to include players who are there to stifle open rugby.

The Wallabies and the Springboks have been a great disappointment to me over the past few weeks.

BTW - is it possible for a wallaby to go home with it's tail between it's legs?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-26-2001, 07:38 AM   #25
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:

If this was just you Davros I would be happy to let it drop BUT because of the wittering of the one called Memnoch over the past 9 months I just can't.

The boat has sailed for Japan & Korea and Australia are left on the quayside waving forlornly. The 31 qualifiers have been joined by Uruguay, next stop World Cup 2002 draw on December 1st!

Memnoch - we beat you in Rugby Union, you're out of the World Cup and you can't even beat New Zealand in the Cricket! Don't do anything reckless!! ;D

BTW Arsenal 3 Mancs 1.

Damn, I created that other post (Arsenal v Man U) so that I would hopefully not have to suffer this . And Staraflur - you were particularly quiet about the Rugby League Ashes decider - what happened there ole chum . I like your reply Memmsie, but today we are on such a downer that even repartee lacks that cutting edge. I have to throw in the towel - do your worst Donut!!
Old 11-26-2001, 07:47 AM   #26
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:

Damn, I created that other post (Arsenal v Man U) so that I would hopefully not have to suffer this . And Staraflur - you were particularly quiet about the Rugby League Ashes decider - what happened there ole chum . I like your reply Memmsie, but today we are on such a downer that even repartee lacks that cutting edge. I have to throw in the towel - do your worst Donut!!

I don't know if you watched the same pictures as us but the score 'Uruguay 3 Australia 0' was flashed onto the screen during the pre-match warm up. That's either spooky or crooked.

Please point out the 'repartee' in Memnoch's post. Once again I fail to get Australian humour.
Old 11-26-2001, 07:51 AM   #27
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I gotta remember to be NOT drinking anything when I read a Donut post.

[img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2001, 08:21 AM   #28
norompanlasolas

Too bad for you guys... Even though I'm Argentinian (though I live in Spain), I really wanted Australia to qualify... I mean, I think you deserve it cause I think its not fair that you dont automatically qualify if you win your group but you have to face playoffs. Besides that your team is quite good (Kewell is awesome).

Oh, and also because you kindly let us win in the 1994 World Cup qualifiers...
Old 11-26-2001, 08:30 AM   #29
Gazza
Banned User

I reckon that as long as Australia have to play a team from a different conference they'll never ever make it to the world cup finals. Now if you'll excuse me im going to cry into my beer a little more.
Old 11-26-2001, 08:35 AM   #30
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

quote:

Had to edit my first post.

Davros - haven't checked the score yet, but I think I can guess.....

EDIT - just a minor slip up...

BTW In case you hadn't heard, the Aussie coach is in hospital after suffering a heart atack. Fortunately it sounds like he is ok, and is recovering now.
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?