Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2001, 12:41 AM   #21
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Waekest link Is the WEAKEST LINK!

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 05-29-2001, 03:14 AM   #22
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Psychedelic Buttafly:
What do think of the television programme the weakest link. In my opinion it is over rated and a pretty pathetic programme(this is only what i think).See that Ann Robinson is she not a cheeky bitch or what?I would like to hit her over the head with a baseball bat on that show or give her some of her only medicine!!!! Wot is your opinion of this programme and would like to do the same to Ann!!! I'd espcially like to here those opinions of you Americans out there as i heard that it has recently been just televised on American TV!!!!

It'll lose it's 'shock value' soon enough..

Old 05-29-2001, 03:20 AM   #23
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I think it's so pathetic it's funny. I never watch it for more than a couple of minutes, though.

What it HAS done is introduce a new phrase into our vernacular:

"I'm sorry, but we're cost-cutting right now, and you're the weakest link. Goodbye."

"We've really gotta win this game, and we can't have any slackers. So I'm afraid you're the weakest link. Goodbye."

"Aerie? There's something I've been meaning to tell you. I met a couple of girls last week. One of them was my old friend Jahiera, and the other is this sexy drow babe named Viconia. So I've been thinking things through, and well, it kinda sucks but you're the weakest link. Goodbye!"

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 05-29-2001).]
Old 05-29-2001, 08:29 AM   #24
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I think it's so pathetic it's funny. I never watch it for more than a couple of minutes, though.

What it HAS done is introduce a new phrase into our vernacular:

"I'm sorry, but we're cost-cutting right now, and you're the weakest link. Goodbye."

"We've really gotta win this game, and we can't have any slackers. So I'm afraid you're the weakest link. Goodbye."

"Aerie? There's something I've been meaning to tell you. I met a couple of girls last week. One of them was my old friend Jahiera, and the other is this sexy drow babe named Viconia. So I've been thinking things through, and well, it kinda sucks but you're the weakest link. Goodbye!"

Wonder how long that one will last? We have terms from centuries ago that we still use (e..g. 'show a leg'), but I bet 'You are the weakest link - Goodbye!) only lasts, at best, till the show goes off the air! Wouldn't it be *interesting*, though, if it was still around in 2-3 hundred years time? (If the human race is still here to be interested of course!)

------------------

Old 05-29-2001, 10:59 AM   #25
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

who here remembers
'Big Brother'
'The Mole'
'who wants to marry a multi-millionaire?'

------------------
Old 05-29-2001, 11:36 AM   #26
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
who here remembers
'Big Brother'
'The Mole'
'who wants to marry a multi-millionaire?'

Never watched Big Brother. I suspect I am the only one in the UK who didn't watch a single one!

Never heard of The Mole.

I don't want to marry anyone again, thanks. Just gimme the money, lol!

------------------

Old 05-29-2001, 12:36 PM   #27
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

geez... isnt it the one who wanted to marry a multi millionare was like so controversial..?

hehe anyway, just watch oprah.

memnoch! dont be rude to aerie!

------------------

We have merged... and now we are called Chiharumut..wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 05-29-2001, 04:19 PM   #28
Gaelic
Elminster

Sadly, they are bringing back the drivel that was Big Brother. It will have more people, more cameras, and competitions that are so much like Survivor that I would not be stunned to see a lawsuit.

As for the weakest link, I watched the last half again last night just to be sure. She sucked.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 05-29-2001, 04:29 PM   #29
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

I never watched Big Brother either, it was such a load of crap. Anyway, the weakest link is a just a normal gameshow, it's only recently, since it has been showing in American that ppl think the point in it is Ann being rude to ppl. That's nothing, that was added as an afterthought. If u see her on other shows, she used to do in England like Points of View etc. she acts perfectly normal. On the weakest link it is just a little bit of a laugh on the side. I don't see what the big deal is and I don't see ther point in getting all deep and meaningful about it.
Old 05-29-2001, 04:53 PM   #30
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
I never watched Big Brother either, it was such a load of crap. Anyway, the weakest link is a just a normal gameshow, it's only recently, since it has been showing in American that ppl think the point in it is Ann being rude to ppl. That's nothing, that was added as an afterthought. If u see her on other shows, she used to do in England like Points of View etc. she acts perfectly normal. On the weakest link it is just a little bit of a laugh on the side. I don't see what the big deal is and I don't see ther point in getting all deep and meaningful about it.

Well said, Vazkez!

------------------