Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2001, 02:58 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I heard there is a price for the scalps of the bandits? where can i get the money for them? I have gone to the bandit camp and moved into chapter 4 now what?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 03:16 PM   #2
Sorcerer Alex

You should go to the Jovial Juggler inn in Beregost, and talk to a woman called 'Officer Vai' in there. She will tell you about the bandits and offer you 50gp a scalp [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2001, 04:11 PM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

If you didn't speak to her before, you may get money for the scalps yet. But I think she won't accept scalps any more once the camp is destroyed.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 04:59 PM   #4
Debaser

true Legolas, afterwhich you can sell any extra bandit scalps somewhere in the city of Baldurs Gate, if i remember correctly. only for a small fraction of the gold you get from Officer Vai, unfortunately.......i guess the demand curve for bandit scalps takes a dive after you eliminate their central camp (a little Baldur's Gate macroeconomics for you).
Old 11-22-2001, 06:22 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

You can also sell em at Feldposts in, though for a smaller point.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 04:54 AM   #6
Zbyszek

I have noticed that Feldpost Inn refuse to buy scalps in infinity. And prices drop all the time. Other funny thing is that I was able to buy my scalps back at price lower than 50 gp. (But anyway higher than I sold them - about 25gp) and sell it to Vai.
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 10:25 PM   #7
chinese noodle
Manshoon

if you put them in your quick items slot, then replace it with a potion, then return to the game while the bandit scalp is still "in your hand" on the game screen you will see (in your quick items) a potion that, when you hold the cursor over it, will say "bandit scalp" click on this potion about 20 times, then go into your inventory screen and you will have about 652550 scalps, wich can be sold to the officer vai for, ok 652550 times 50?

i hope you understood that
Old 11-29-2001, 12:00 AM   #8
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm playing with Dark Side and I'm still able to sell scalps to officer Vai long after completing the bandit camp quest. I may not have killed every last soul in the camp...
Old 11-29-2001, 01:19 AM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

In may game, it doesn't matter how many bandits I've killed, or even which ones. Vai will buy scalps from me as long as I haven't opened the chest in Tazok's tent.

P.S. The fight in the tent actually IS avoidable! I found that out by accident once. I had my Tank down an Oil of Speed to help kill Tazok, and it was still in effect when I got to the tent. I sent my Tank in alone; he avoided the guy who talks to you, ran over to Ender Sai, talked to him, opened the chest, ransacked it, and ran out--all without that fighter-dude asking what I was doing there, so the bad guys never turned hostile. I don't know what you'd use it for, but a neat little trick nonetheless.
Old 11-29-2001, 04:15 AM   #10
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I just slaughtered every bandit i could find(and that includes the camp), sold the scalps and then ended the chapter. I made a fortune out of it!
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote