Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-06-2004, 12:51 PM   #31
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Good morning everyone, and congratulations on your game Philip, I don't know a lot about hockey, but that sounds pretty damn cool. Our highschool football team won the game 41-0. Doesn't matter if we won or lost though, we're still going to the playoffs.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-06-2004, 12:58 PM   #32
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Strange..why was the previous Cloudy Cafe locked? This is the first time I see a Cloudy Cafe being lock.

To stop idiots like me posting in the wrong cafe [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

I used to drink copious amounts of earl grey tea but I know find myself drinking some very fine quality Chinese green tea, (when I’m back in OZ) thanks to a good friend of mine Kam Wing Dung. One of these days he will teach me how to use chopsticks too, I embarrass him at restaurants when I ask for knife and forks

Well another day in the UK and guess what...It was grey dull cold and wet I got the chance to catch up with a very good friend and talk about the old days when we did our apprenticeship together .... ahhh memories

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 11-06-2004, 01:21 PM   #33
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Good morning everyone, and congratulations on your game Philip, I don't know a lot about hockey, but that sounds pretty damn cool.
Thanks! A penalty is just like va penaty in soccer. And a penalty corner is when you do something wrong in the circle, basically it comes down to 7 attackers to 3 defenders and the goaly (me) and if you do it right every penalty and penalty corner should be a goal but not today [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2004, 01:25 PM   #34
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Strange..why was the previous Cloudy Cafe locked? This is the first time I see a Cloudy Cafe being lock.

To stop idiots like me posting in the wrong cafe [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

I used to drink copious amounts of earl grey tea but I know find myself drinking some very fine quality Chinese green tea, (when I’m back in OZ) thanks to a good friend of mine Kam Wing Dung. One of these days he will teach me how to use chopsticks too, I embarrass him at restaurants when I ask for knife and forks

Well another day in the UK and guess what...It was grey dull cold and wet I got the chance to catch up with a very good friend and talk about the old days when we did our apprenticeship together .... ahhh memories
[/QUOTE]I think Winston Churchill who said that Britain haad the worst weather and the best climate in the world. Sounds like you are having fun, Wellard.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:25 PM   #35
wellard
Dracolisk

Winston Churchill, a great man, a natural leader, a shining light in Britain’s darkest hours, but yet whose early and latter years are marked by great incompetence. I should read a more detailed biography of him.

Yes Attalus I am enjoying the holiday but it is hard work sometimes living in someone else's house. When I win the lottery it would be nice to visit friends and relations in my own motor home (Winnebago?) guests and hosts should be enjoyed not endured

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 11-06-2004, 03:32 PM   #36
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

You should read Martin Gilbert's great biography of him, Wellard. Not as readable as William Manchester's alas unfinished books, but very accurate and with no partisan axes to grind.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:56 PM   #37
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Well, I have become completely asorbed in reading HP Lovecraft and doing Calculus II homework lately and seem to have forgotten my forum as of late...sorry, gals and gents!

Hey, Wellard, I'm glad to hear you're having fun in Britain!

I never will quite understand how the rest of you seem to get around so doggone much, though...jeez, I have never seen another country, myself, much less flown most of the way around the world...

Anyway, don't get completely absorbed by that video game, Xen! That goes for you too, Kakero! Congrats on the excellent game, Phillip...and Maj, try to keep those crazy forum people in line!

Well, I think that I'll go play an hour or two's worth of video games, and then I'll read some more HP Lovecraft, and who knows after that...maybe I'll look up a certain PHY major I know, and drag her off to go get into something...I'm not sure yet...

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 11-06-2004, 06:52 PM   #38
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Greets all! Had a great day snowboarding! It was like I never stopped for a whole 7 months
I did take a nasty spill and sustain a rather painful blow on icy snow to my right knee...moving it in anyway makes it hurt -_- but that didn't stop me from getting an extra two hours in
I'm beat...I think I'll chill the rest of the day and spend all of tomorrow and monday doing homework...*sigh*
Old 11-06-2004, 10:24 PM   #39
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Hey folks, how are y'all? Im grand, although it is 3.20 am, and for some reason I just am not tired. I think I may write some Nano. Afterall, 50,000 words in one month is quite a load. Well, sounds like you had fun LB. Snow already over there? Jees o. Scotland is supposed to have its worst ever winter this year though, so we are all bracing ourselves, *brrr*
Old 11-07-2004, 12:16 AM   #40
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Greets all! Had a great day snowboarding! It was like I never stopped for a whole 7 months
I did take a nasty spill and sustain a rather painful blow on icy snow to my right knee...moving it in anyway makes it hurt -_- but that didn't stop me from getting an extra two hours in
I'm beat...I think I'll chill the rest of the day and spend all of tomorrow and monday doing homework...*sigh*
*sigh* Enjoy yourself, Jen! The real world is coming up too fast! G'night, all. :zzz: