Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-09-2001, 11:34 AM   #1
Barbra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm new here, so I suppose I should introduce myself (and Moiraine prompted me to, so I guess I gotta do it. We all gotta do what Moiraine says, just like the book, right?)

Anyways, I'm one of the few females I've ever met who can happily spend all weekend playing games. I'm 31 years old, a software engineer at one of the largest storage software companies in the world. I played Baldur's Gate a couple years ago, and I'm playing Icewind Dale as sort of an in-between before I get my new computer, on order from Dell. See, what I *really* want to be playing is Black and White, but alas, the ol' laptop won't run it.

Hi all!
Old 04-09-2001, 11:37 AM   #2
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Welcome Barbra!
Sounds like you have the life, Software programmer.
You will find that you are not at all alone, in your computer gaming ways.
There are a lot of female gamerz here, although most seem to be 25-30+, except melusine, who I think is a bit younger.
Anyway, I am sure you will find yourself welcomed by all!!

------------------
"Watch your back" - Sylent
Old 04-09-2001, 11:38 AM   #3
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

HI! How are you! A friend of Moiraine will be a friend of ours. I saw Black and White this weekend (bought Wizards and Warriors as our friends in that forum will attest) but didn't know anything about the game. What is the basic plot etc. I'm sure Cloudy will be by soon with the offical welcome wagon, but I just wanted to say hi!

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
Old 04-09-2001, 11:41 AM   #4
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

welcome barbra, what kind of dell are you getting?

------------------
Old 04-09-2001, 11:58 AM   #5
Barbra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've got a Dell Inspirion 1 Ghz PIII/256MB/32Gig HD/ATI 32MB Video coming in. I've been vacillating between setting up a really kickass desktop gaming machine or getting another laptop (I currently have a Winbook). Definitely give up stuff to get a laptop, but it's just sooo nice to be able to carry it around the house with me. hehehee... when I have a new game, a laptop is about the only way the boyfriend gets to see me since I can lay on the couch and play. If I had to go in the office to use a desktop he'd get mad since he'd effectively not see me for a couple weeks. The problems I have!

Old 04-09-2001, 12:34 PM   #6
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Barbra:
I'm new here, so I suppose I should introduce myself (and Moiraine prompted me to, so I guess I gotta do it. We all gotta do what Moiraine says, just like the book, right?)
Hi all!
Hehe ... why do you think I chose 'Moiraine' as a pseudo in the first place ?!?

Hi Barbra !

Welcome ! Welcome ! Great that you have made your way here in our GD chat room !

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 04-09-2001, 12:41 PM   #7
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You are so welcome here. Even though we are vastly outnumbered by the guys, I think there are more of us here than you think. Please visit the Moon's Hope Inn, if you want to, that's where everyone hangs out. And welcome, Moiraine is the best and you were right, you just have to do what she says.

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death O_H_F
Lady in Waiting (the question is waiting for what?)
Yes, I do get cold. That is why I need someone to warm me up.
No, I did not lose the rest of my outfit!
Does anyone feel a draft or is it me?
Official Party Planner and Events Coordinator of the Moon's Hope Inn
Does this make me a party girl?
Proud Member of the Ladies Guild
GMDLM
A girl needs a paladin watching her back

Old 04-09-2001, 02:00 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Barbra:

Anyways, I'm one of the few females I've ever met who can happily spend all weekend playing games. I'm 31 years old, a software engineer at one of the largest storage software companies in the world. I played Baldur's Gate a couple years ago, and I'm playing Icewind Dale as sort of an in-between before I get my new computer, on order from Dell. See, what I *really* want to be playing is Black and White, but alas, the ol' laptop won't run it.

Hi all!
Hi! On this forum, check out the "Female Gamers" thread...you'll meet a whole lot more of us who would happily play those games all weekend with you! LOL

Welcome to the forum! My info is in that thread, I'll bump it for you!

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-09-2001, 02:09 PM   #9
Draconia

Welcome Barbra. Where in Colorado are you at? I live in Utah so I am just curious.
There are alot of great people here and I hope to see you around. Take Care.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 04-09-2001, 03:12 PM   #10
Barbra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Draconia, I'm in the Boulder area. How 'bout you? I get to Utah every year or so - beautiful state!