Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-27-2001, 11:03 PM   #261
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Sephiroth steps in, cleaving through the Drow hordes as he moves.

LS, i need a drink! or maybe just a Senzu bean...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Old 08-27-2001, 11:59 PM   #262
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Skye, the Underdark is a series of caves, that's all. Seph.. there are no Drow anywhere near the bar, only in Ust Natha.
IC: Rhazor, being badly injured at the time, rests himself against the battered wall. He will need rest to heal these wounds. In a few short hours, Rhazor dozes off. In his dreams, he sees things that will happen in the near future. Skye being ambushed by a group of Drow, the bar being sent through a gate to Hell.. Most importantly, he sees the battle of himself and the Psychic Warrior. His dreams turn into nightmares as he battles his way with the Drow, his Longsword +5 against Rhazor's Moonblade. There is no fight. Rhazor is taken down by the dark Elf, and his friends are no where to be found. Everyone except Skye.. She is present when he is slain. Rhazor's prophecies continue on, after he dies. Skye is held in Rhazor's old cell, the party arrives and ambushes the city of Ust Natha. Everyone but Tancred and Lord Shield survive. Most of the carnage cast by the Drow Psychic Warrior. The astonishing Mage, Encard, disabled in a matter of minutes. The noble Paladin, Ash, being engulfed in one of the Drow's psion spells. Before he can see any more, Rhazor awakes from his dreams. The Drow Warrior stands over him. He grabs Rhazor by his shirt collar, and drags him from his resting position. "We shall test your strength in the Arena, Elf.."

[This message has been edited by Nanobyte (edited 08-28-2001).]
Old 08-28-2001, 07:00 AM   #263
Lord Shield

LS gives Seph his drink

Fortuna saw the reckless paladin running past (and yes, the cursed brooch was removed) and put a psychic tracker on her

Frantically looking around, she finds Fortuna and the others walking up to her - Fortuna softly says "you might want to slow down - to illustrate his point he throws a large rock down the corridor. It falls through the floor after 15'

"Illusory cave floor covering a pit - probably extra-nasty at the bottom"

At that, a rumbling is heard and 3 Umber Hulks smash out of a side wall - Fortuna registers no panic and is on defensive straight away

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-28-2001, 07:33 AM   #264
Link
Jack Burton

Link steps in the bar, hitting Drows around as if they were wooden puppets.
" Why is it that every time I enter the bar i have to save everyone???"

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 08-28-2001, 08:17 AM   #265
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Thats because link you are my executioner and compared to all these infidels we are omnipotent. YOU WILL ALL BOW TO MY WILL!

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 08-28-2001, 11:30 AM   #266
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- Heheh, sorry link, but I think you're out on a loop. If you'd read back a bit, you'd find that we'd left the hordes behind, and that Rhazor is held captive by Drows. We haven't found him or any Drows yet, btw. Ergh, hope Rhazor's little dream doesn't come true... we're running a little bit short on elves (how come the elves always die? We don't purposely look for trouble...) and if everyone dies at the end, who's gonna continue the Bar? -_-;; anywayz...

IC- *Achoo!* Skye sneezes, then looks around as she fells a sudden chill. 'Hm, someone must be talking about me...' she thinks to herself. As her eyes rove about the cave floor, she spots something gleaming. "Eh, what's this?" Skye frowns, and approaches the strange object. It turns out to be Rhazor's moonblade, which was frantically trying to go through a tiny crevasse in the wall. "Hey, Fortuna, come over here. This'll solve our problems of finding Rhazor, I do believe," Skye calls.

OOC- Ok, if anyone has problems with the discovery of Rhazor's moonblade, then I suppose I could change it to some sort of trap that Skye stumbles upon, as she so often does. ^_^;;

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 08-28-2001, 02:36 PM   #267
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

"Where am I", questioned the anti-paladin, rousing slowly from his beer induced slumber

"Arg, they've left me behind again... And it seems all my hard earned gold has mesteriously vanished, it's good to be amongst my own kind again" said the warrior whistfully.

Sholdering his rune axes and pulling himself to his feet the black clad knight adressed the hulking form of the earth elemental.

"Which way to *adventure?*"

Inwardly groaning Cheesy pointed at a-another portal that had opened in the center of the bar and watched with total indiference as the warrior slid across the floor on the thin film of beer that covered the area that he had been sleeping in and tumbled head first through the portal. With the practised sigh of some one who doesn't get paid enough to clean others vomit the earth elemental started the mamoth task of clearing the mess left in the anti-paladins wake...

OOC: Hello all, again, nice to see we have the story runing along at a nice pace. Must sleep now, goodbye.

[This message has been edited by Ace Flashheart (edited 08-28-2001).]
Old 08-28-2001, 03:01 PM   #268
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb and his two friends manage to get seperated from the rest of the party because they had to rescue Razzen from falling into a deep pit after he ate a cave mushroom which made him act a bit strange until Tiax cured him with a Heal spell, Neb looked around and said "You two are the ones with Infravision, you can lead the way, it's probably not a good idea to use a torch or light spell down here since we'll be spotted from miles away," Neb puts out his torch and puts one of his hands on Razzen's left shoulder and says "Lead on my friend," Neb and the others spend an hour searching for the others when Razzen motions for quiet(This is only seen by Tiax however, since Neb can't see in the dark), Neb sneaks around the next corner and then quickly sneaks back to the other two and says, using the Drow silent language(Which Tiax speaks) "I think we've found a Drow city, judging from the runes above the main gate I would say that it is called Ust Natha, shall we continue?" Before Tiax can respond, Neb says, in an unneccesarily(sp?) loud voice, "What are you talking about? I can't hear anything?" his voice echoes around the cavern and the sound of something big moving towards them can be heard, Razzen says "Nice job sorcerer, now you've probably attracted an army of umber hulks!" Neb senses something charging towards him and uses one of his mightier spells, Power Word: Burn, the umber hulk which was charging at him suddenly bursts into flames and dies, it's burning corpse illuminates the tunnel and the 3 companions see that they are being attacked by six umber hulks being controlled by a drow.

(OOC: Neb and the other two are in a small side tunnel leading to Ust Natha, not in the tunnel in which the rest of you are in, you MIGHT find them if you follow the twenty or so drow which are heading towards the sounds of battle issuing from the tunnel.)
Old 08-28-2001, 04:23 PM   #269
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Neb, you're not going to be able to get in with 3 characters. If I were you, I would retreat. If the Psychic Warrior hears there are intruders, Neb, Tiax, and Razzen are done for.
IC: The Arena door swings open, and Rhazor is tossed in. Rhazor tumbles, and stands back up. He does a Spot check and sees that this pit is filled with bones, rusted equipment, even ash. Blood stains the walls, giving the Arena a dull color. Resting in the middle of the pit is a rack of weapons. Maces, clubs, swords, flails.. The Drow Warrior tells him to choose a weapon, and reaches through the bars and gives Rhazor a shove towards the rack. Rhazor looks through the weapons, the only thing that catches his eye is a blade similar to the Psychic Warriors, only shorter and having less luminescent-like quality. Rhazor takes the blade, and the rack disappears. The Drow smirks, "Good choice, I would have chosen the same." A sudden rumble sends fear running up Rhazor's spine. Another reassures his courage. The Drow states openly, "Your first contestant, one of the biggest brutes of its kind, U13, the Umberhulk." At this, a massive Umberhulk appears from behind the wall. The beast stomps its foot down, making Rhazor's ears perk back. "Now FIGHT!" At this, the battle begins..
Old 08-28-2001, 04:45 PM   #270
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- Due to a few small complaints, I've changed the moonblade to the trap idea.
IC- As Skye bends to look at the shiny object, she hears a distinct click as she puts her foot down on a hidden pressure point in the cave floor. Right before she could scream, a hidden pitfall appears, and she falls through. No one has yet noticed her sudden disapearance. She finds herself to have landed in a cell, deep underground. At the noise of her appearance, the guard awakes with a start, and leers at her throught the bars. 'Oh dear...' Skye thinks to herself, as she smiles nervously at the Drow guard. Off in the distance she could hear a fight going on.
OOC- Well, sorta complying with Rhazor's "dream", so, this'll work. ^_^;;

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!