Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-19-2001, 04:11 PM   #1
KattB
Dungeon Master

How strong to I need my party to be to get the Samurai baton? Will I run into those plant things? If so, they keep killing me. I have done nothing but roam the forest, not been in the serpent temple even. do I need to do that stuff first?
Kathy
KattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 04:49 PM   #2
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'd recommend doing the Serpent Temple first to strengthen your Sun spells for use against the mantraps.

Otherwise, you might try running (very fast) past them to the castle moat, turning left, following the moat under the first blockhouse, and checking the trail on the east side leading to the graveyard. You'll then need to run back past the mantraps again to return to Ishad N'ha. Brrrrr! Good luck!

------------------
Rick
Beginner's Help, Hints & Walk-Throughs at The WWHAP
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 04:55 PM   #3
catzenpewters
Manshoon

I had finished the Serpent Temple and STILL had trouble with those dang mantraps. I had to kill four of them to get to the samurai place. I'd recommend toning up a bit before you try it. As for killing the man traps, I'd blast them with four good shots of that level 3 Sun spell (can't remember the name at the moment) and then run for home. Enter Ishad N'ha, your mana points are topped up, then run out and blast the sucker again (always from a distance!). It usually took four to six blasts to kill one of those things. Don't let one follow you too closely back to Ishad N'ha, though. I found myself in the unpleasant position of having TWO of the dang things right outside the gate. They'd be blasting me before I even got the screen loaded and was able to fight back.
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 06:50 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Do a search - keyword "Mantraps" and you will find many threads with useful hints on how to deal with those plants!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 05:28 PM   #5
koolaidfreeservecouk
The Magister

Don't even THINK about whacking mantraps til you do the serpent temple (beware brown square) and acquire lovely stuff like Meteor(Stone4) and Magama Bomb (Sun6). I whacked the mantraps with these beauts from a heroic distance, round the corner, east side of castle.
Mentally Yours,
Si.

P.S I'll give you £100 if you can take them with fists.
koolaidfreeservecouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 05:45 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Be careful, Koolaid...there's been some people who have done just that. Apparently, they quit casting the noxious vapors at you when you're in melee range.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 06:28 PM   #7
skywalker
Banned User

Actually Saz, the problem is not with the one you melee with, it's the ones that come up from behind and breath on you as I can attest to!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote