Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-16-2002, 08:39 PM   #1
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

Okay, I'm not too far into the game. I just got to the mountain where you're supposed to get the two hearts, Yaga Shura's and that witch's that raised him. Once I step foot into the temple/fortress/whateveritmaybe, there'e 4 fire giants right there, with two elite fire giants coming in from the sides to flank you. No place to bottle-neck and take them down one at a time, they just charge right in and rip up my nice soft spellcasters while my front-liners manage to take one, perhaps two, down before my lunch money has been grabbed, and I'm lying in the playground, crying and bleeding. Sound familiar? I could really use some strategic advice on this. I've reloaded over a dozen times, tried different spells and formations, lost dozens of pitfiends and cacofiends and shambling mounds and a vast assortment of other beasties, all to no avail. I really don't want to have to be a cheese and lower the difficulty. Please, PLEASE, a few tidbits? I'll be your best friend...
Old 10-17-2002, 05:07 AM   #2
Framon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You need to haste(boots of speed are great) your party before you go in the door and when you enter run to the left , theres a small room there, where you can place your tanks in the doorway and have your spellcasters stand behind them.
There may still be a couple of giants in the small room , if so stay in the main hall and run up past the giants - they're quite slow. Then run back down the hall and into the small room .
Good Luck
Framon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 05:46 AM   #3
Vedran
Lord Soth

Don't you have Mislead or Prot from Magic weapons? Or Stoneskin? Make your mage invincible -> Greater Malison -> Finger of Death or Horrid Wilting.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 07:18 AM   #4
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Mass invisibility or Invis 10' radius. Go unnoticed, find a place to bottleneck and lure them in one by one. Or summon a planetar with your mage (alternative - PI then multiple Planetars, but that's cheese, man!) he should be able to taunt "I shall prevail!" them all to death alone
Old 10-17-2002, 10:20 AM   #5
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

Thankey much! I lured them into the middle, ran into the room on the left like a bat out of hell, bottlenecked it with Minsc and my monk, and proceeded to make fire-giant slaw! No planetars, though. My mages can't summon them yet.

And out of curiosity, one of you guys mentioned something about PI... I don't know what that abreviates. Could you clarify it for me?
Old 10-17-2002, 10:22 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Project Image
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 03:16 PM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

You can fight a bit and then retreat out the door you entered through. I did it this way and just bashed on 'em til I got through. If the do follow you out the door (none did in my case), then you've got 'em where you want 'em - fighting you in smaller groups. Whittle them down - they will not heal if you retreat outside and then go back.