Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2004, 01:08 PM   #21
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

My suggestion for a depilatory came from a trip for work some years ago, where I was travelling with a co-worker who was (and still is [img]smile.gif[/img] ) African-American. By race, he has a different hair and skin type, and shaving can be quite difficult. He "shaved" with a depilatory and a credit card... literally. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You might check with a local hair styling shop that services folks of a darker skin color, and see if they can offer any suggestions.

*pre-edit* friggin' PC monstrosity... *
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:15 PM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wow, a depilatory and credit card? First time I've heard that combo, but I can see how it might work on heavier hair.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:28 PM   #23
quietman1920

I'm not sure what to say about this topic, but I'm pretty sure that the speech by Kramer in one of the Seinfeld episodes covers it:

Kramer: No, no, no. Don't give me that. I know you. Something's wrong. What is it?
Jerry: I did something stupid.
Kramer: What did you do?
Jerry: Well I was shaving. And I noticed an asymmetry in my chest hair and I was trying to even it out. Next thing I knew, (high pitched voice) Gone.
Kramer: Don't you know you're not supposed to poke around down there.
Jerry: Well women do it.
Kramer: (high pitched voice) "Well women do it." I'll tell you what. I'll pick you up a sundress and a parasol and you can just (high pitched voice) sashey your pretty little self around the town square!
Jerry: Well what am I going to tell Alex?
Kramer: Listen to me. You don't tell anybody about this. No one. You hear me?
Jerry: Um hum.

Kramer: Hey Jerry. What is this? Lady Gillette? What's going on?
Jerry: What? Can't I get a moment's peace?
Kramer: What are you doing to yourself?
Jerry walks into camera view with his chest covered with shaving cream.
Jerry: I can't stop. Alex thinks I'm naturally hairless.
Kramer: You can't keep this up. Don't you know what's going to happen? Everytime you shave it, it's going to come in thicker and fuller and darker.
Jerry: Oh that's an old wives tale.
Kramer: Is it? Look at this.
Kramer walks off-screen and opens his shirt. On-screen, Jerry reels from the sight.
Kramer: (high pitched voice) Look at it! Look at it! And it's all me. I shaved there when I was a lifeguard.
Jerry: Oh come on. That's genetics. That's not going to happen to me.
Kramer: Won't it? Or is it already starting to happen?
Old 05-27-2004, 01:52 PM   #24
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by quietman1920:
I'm not sure what to say about this topic, but I'm pretty sure that the speech by Kramer in one of the Seinfeld episodes covers it:

SNIP
hahahahahaha! Oh man. Hilarious! Thanks for that dude! I love that show.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:57 PM   #25
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

rofl, I remember that episode, for some reason, I got addicted to the show, even though I am not a sienfield fan, anyway, my brother uses a trimmer, because he has the bad genetics of my family, his whole body looks like a ape or something with all his hair, I told him how to make it look neater, when he wore a shirt, he had all these little hairs rolling over the collar, to me, that is just plain gross, I should mention he also has the really thick course hair and it is hard to trim, but he does it, and it makes him look alot cleaner, even for a hillbilly red neck
Old 05-27-2004, 04:19 PM   #26
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

Also, I don't get it cos surely if you're vain (as you say) you want to look good for women and not have all smooth chest skin like a woman. Most women I know prefer men to be hairier than themselves :s
Depends how hairy I think! It's a matter of degree [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

Just to add to what the others have said (or maybe someone's said it, only skimmed the replies ), make sure you moisturise the areas you shave every day, especially after you've just shaved them. I used to get shaving rash on my legs so I know it's not nice. Also, don't ever try to shave without water and lots of soap/shaving cream. Get the areas nice and pliable so you're not running your razor over dry hard skin [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2004, 04:31 PM   #27
The Hierophant

Moisturiser. Sweet.
Damn, I really think I am sacrificing ALOT of my masculinity here. Not sure if it'll be worth it in the grand scheme of things.... But I'll ride it out and see how it goes [img]smile.gif[/img] Cheers for the tips
Old 05-27-2004, 05:02 PM   #28
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Moisturiser. Sweet.
Damn, I really think I am sacrificing ALOT of my masculinity here. Not sure if it'll be worth it in the grand scheme of things.... But I'll ride it out and see how it goes [img]smile.gif[/img] Cheers for the tips
After your chest starts bulging, I reckon you should stop...

Anyway, that sounds like more trouble than its worth. I mean, moisturizers, waxes, nitros(too lazy to check what they really were), soap etc. etc...thats gotta be pretty costly too. Naah, as long as my hair keep under the clothes, Im fine(though its getting pretty close with the legs...NO! I am not shavin' da legs!).

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Old 05-27-2004, 05:07 PM   #29
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin Majere:
Im fine(though its getting pretty close with the legs...NO! I am not shavin' da legs!).
When I was 16 I once shaved my legs in order to please a girlfriend (the things we do for pus...err, 'love' [img]smile.gif[/img] ). We had to wear uniform at my High School, which involved these scratchy woollen pants which were uncomfortable enough at the best of times. Add a whole bunch of shaving rash AAAALLLLL over your legs and you've got living hell for at least a couple of weeks until your hair grows back.... never again....well, at least not the legs...

[ 05-27-2004, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 05-27-2004, 05:17 PM   #30
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

how do you think us women feel? having to shave our bodies all the time, just to please a man. the things we do for "love'