Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 01:46 AM   #1
Paulinator
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quick Money if you need it and perfectly legal way to make it:
Pump a few skill points into Barter (4 is enough to start)
Using Nether regent combos, create a spell such as Weaken.
Reagents needed are the following:
Rat's Tail
Deadman's Hair
Grinnich Weed

You can buy these reagents at any Apocothery at $10 each aprox.
If you spend $3000 on 100 each of the above reagents you can make over $7000 gross from the sale of the end product.

You don't even need to invest any skill points in Nether Spells. It takes a bit of time and patience since you can only purchase 10 reagents at a time. But it was a satisfying way to make 50k without cheating.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:15 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yeeeessssssss.... ARBITRAGE!!!!

*ahem* Welcome to the boards, Paulinator. Haven't seen you in any other threads, but may you continue adding great and wondrous insights like this [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Now then... arbitrage is the art of buying something here for a low price and selling it there for a higher price. This isn't completely arbitrage, but it's close... capitalism, perhaps.

Arbitrage was a great way to make money in W&W, and I'm glad to see that DW Bradley left it in play here.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go pump up my wallet...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 01:33 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... let me raise this a little bit with a brief lesson on economics.

Profit is what's left when you subtract cost of sales from the sale amount. In simple terms here, that means that if it cost you 27 and you sell it for 56, you make 29 profit. This is important...

... because the key to maximizing your wallet increase is to make the most expensive item with the cheapest ingredients. Ergo, the most profit.

Here's what I found:

Weaken costs 27 gold to make, and sells for 56, making that 29 profit. At least, that's what it was at Bargain 2. So... making 100 costs 2700, and makes a profit of 2900. Not bad.

It's also a level 2 Nether spell, which made me wonder if there was a different sale price based on the spell level. There is.

Choking cloud is level 3, and also costs 27 to make (Bat wing, grinnich weed, ochre pollen). It, however, sells for 85, making a profit of 58. If you're going to mix 100 spells and sell 'em, why not sell the more expensive ones? Make 100 for the same 2700, but get 5800 back. Much better....

None of the level 4 spells looked cheap to make, so I went to level 5. Poison cloud costs 53 to make, but sells for 142... a profit of 89. Make 100 of these, it costs 5300... but nets you 8900 in return.

Basically, that means that you get to spend the same amount of time but make 2900, 5800, or 8900 gold. Which do you prefer?

I prefer to make poison cloud spells to sell to fatten my wallet. I spend the least time and make the most money... clearly!
-+-+-+
Old 05-28-2005, 03:09 AM   #4
Paulinator
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Good idea, I thought of making better profit that way, but I did not find those spells yet. I was just working with what I had. I will make more profit when I find better Nether spells.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:50 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I picked up a list of nether spells from Game Banshee. I'll probably put together a list a bit later on of what's the most profitable. Poison cloud is the winner so far [img]graemlins/twocents.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 05-30-2005, 02:01 AM   #6
the mighty stamar

i dont know if this should be in the tips thread but i found my first nether spell when i was already lvl 12, and the ones i found arent even good. so in general i would say nether is a late game thing and not to put a lot of points into it.

same thing with runes actually only found 1 rune spell and im lvl 12
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:42 AM   #7
Too Darkpark
The Magister

nether has some very potent spells but some of the good ones have components that are either expensive or difficult to find.

i also noticed that the shops that sell nether components don't reveal all of them to you unless you're in the mage's guild.

my tip would be that you make as much money as you can than buy as many components as you can for the spells you plan on using. mix the spells ahead of time.
poison cloud, for example, i would stock like 30 units.
poison cloud is very flexible because it can affect a mob of monsters and it will pass through solid objects.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:26 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Arindale - fighters' guild $ perk -

There is a sword you can "rent" from the armory in Arindale - as of the first patch - this still works - you rent the sword for $2000 - when you return it you get $500 - due to a bug (undocumented feature) in the dialog - you can return the sword endlessly - make tons of money and then rent the sword again.

Rather like the old inn bug in W&W, eh what?!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:01 PM   #9
Paulinator
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Wyvern,
Do you need to be in the Fighter's Guild to buy the sword. If so, who sells it? The Guild?
Additionally, how can I get a list of Nether Spells & their regent components from Game Banshee? Is there a link?
Thanks Guys
Old 06-11-2005, 08:50 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulinator:
Hi Wyvern,
Do you need to be in the Fighter's Guild to buy the sword. If so, who sells it? The Guild?
Additionally, how can I get a list of Nether Spells & their regent components from Game Banshee? Is there a link?
Thanks Guys
Yes, you need to be a member of the Fighter's Guild to be offered this sword.

Game Banshee's Nether Spells
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote