Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2004, 08:21 PM   #1
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I have been playing the very addictive, Diablo II for a while, now. I took a respite for quite a while, before the newest patch (v.1.10) came out, and did as well as I could to catch up w/ everything, and did alright. Anyways, my problems recently have been acquiring mf gear. (magic finding gear, n00bs [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) If any D2 players have a suggestion as to a way for me to get a hold of some of this gear, I would be very appreciative, as melee with my old pally is getting boring. Thanks in advance!

-Dron
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 09:40 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Which D2 are you playing? D2 Classic or D2 LOD ? Having mf gears in D2 classic is pretty useless. mf don't really come into play until D2 LOD 1.09 if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, you can open gold chests, kill end bosses. kill some unique bosses over and over.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:36 PM   #3
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

The wrong ends of the Arcane Sanctuary (I think that's what it's called) have lots of chests, and they're all usually filled with magical and superior items. That won't help too much if you're in act IV. I did get this one special sword that did about 12-70 poison damage in one, once. I'm still using it in act IV. Possibly the only thing you'll find that'll still be useful in act IV.

[ 07-19-2004, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: LS0158 ]
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 01:42 PM   #4
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Uh, no, I have LOD, v1.10, of course. And I kno how to mf, and I have sorceress high enough to do so, but I dont have the correct equipment to do so. ie. occulus, shako, maybe some tal rashsa gear. And I play in hell.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:12 PM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

The different colours explain a little about the value of the artifact. Blue is good in the beginning, useless later on, whereas 'golden' artifacts are pretty much the best you can get.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 11:46 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Okay, try nightmare mephisto or diablo or even baal ( nightmare baal can drop shako ). they should gives you good exeptional items. When you got all the items you need. switch to hell mode ( for the elite items ). try hell mephisto, sherk, eldrich and the infamous pindleskin. these monsters should be easy for a sorc.

I beg to differ with Link, it's not the colour that make the value of a item. it's the mods the item carry that make the value of a item. A blue worded item such as an armour called " Godly armour of something something " is highly sought out in bnet while a golden artifact such as Hellslayer is pretty much useless. ie people won't even pick it up if you throw it on the ground.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:14 AM   #7
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

The color indicates the rarity of the item. The rarer it is, the more modifications it has. Blue items can only have two, but they're not preset, so it could have just about any value. it could have +12% something or +120% something. A set (green), rare (yellow), or unique (gold) item has more modifiers, but they already have a set %. In the beginning, set and rare items are very good, but hard(er) to find, since they don't have the limit to % that magic items have. (ex. In act I normal, magic items may have +5% something, but a rare or set item may have +20%, and will also have other effects) In the harder difficulties, the prefixes and suffixes on magic items get better, so a magic item may get +120% something, but the rare and set items will have maybe +60% and effects you don't need.

Unique items are very rare, but less useful since they usually have a negative effect.

edit: In other words, magic items get better, other items don't.

[ 07-20-2004, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: LS0158 ]
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:37 AM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Blades of Ali Baba would work, Um runes... or whatever rune that has MF in it. Gheed's fortune unique charm... Goldwrap and War Travelers. Since you are a sorceress, you can indeed sacrifice some D for MF gear. I recommend you try another build and have fun also [img]smile.gif[/img] Javazons are good for Pindle runs and Fishymancers are also good but then I think they aren't as fast as Sorcs to clear out an area.

As for the place to find those items? You can run NM and Hell Meph, Baal and Pindleskin. The best place for you to MF as far as I know is The Pit in Act I Hell. This area can drop almost anything and the superunique bosses can drop from all TCs I think.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 12:52 AM   #9
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

First off, I should specify that I needed help in finding the equipment for my sorceress (now lvl 71) to mf with. Meaning, what she would wear. BTW, Bahamut, you're thinking of ist runes. I pretty much know what i need: Swirling Occulus (Better + to skills, and decent mf), goldwrap, war travs, mf ammy & rings(which i have), a shako, not sure on shield, and maybe enigma. I was originally wondering if anyone knew a good, cheap(er) way of getting this equipment.

As far as the items coloration and where to mf, I know already.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:47 AM   #10
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Dron: yeah you're right I now remember why they put Ists on Ali Baba also. The best is if you trade. The other way on where you get the items on a quicker way like I said is if you run Meph, Pindle and Baal on NM and Hell. Rune drops some go for Hell Countess, but you could also go for the Hell Hellforge. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote