Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2002, 04:30 AM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

do you prefer dash skill? the bad side of this skill is if I give one of my characters this skill, I better give others too if not a difference of movement speed occurs and formation breaks up who need dash? IMO, fighters need it to charge in melee. clerics dont need it. they dont move often. mostly healing. melee defence. first time I thought mages need this feat too. to cast a spell and then run away but behind your front line fighters they're safe [img]smile.gif[/img] rogues and bards need it? I dont know
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 05:24 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I don't use it, I don't like anything that destroy my formations.
Old 09-18-2002, 05:35 AM   #3
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Manshoon

well the only chars which can use it are u main hide/stealth char

for me it was useful during battle crystal golems - but i've to say a switch on this feature would be handy
Old 09-18-2002, 06:36 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I use Dash for my main character as shes always needing to run around and pick up stuff, or walk distances to talk to people and it tires me waiting like forever and ever for them to get there (you know how slow these low level 'unhasted' characters can be!) plus shes a Paladin with full-plate on so the weight kinda slowed her movement in comparison to my thief or wizard - really i think its a useful feat but only for the main character or a rogue-style character.

[ 09-18-2002, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 09-18-2002, 08:50 AM   #5
DraconisRex

On the front-line fighters. They need to engage quickly at times to prevent the support and artilary from getting over-run.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 09:55 AM   #6
koz-ivan
Manshoon

dash is great for sneaky types, a stealthy dashing monk can cover a lot of ground. it's also great for drawing crowds into an ambush, as they can get clear before your area effect spells strike. sneak attack followed by a run to cover, works wonders in the early game.

i'm not too worried about breaking the formation, after all i already have a monk, and a barbarian, so it's shot anyway.
koz-ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 05:23 PM   #7
Kalak
The Magister

I use it for my rogue so that I can get him behind someone, sneak attack, and then leave before they turn to kill him. Also, very helpful for when his hide in shadows fails and everyone wants to kill him for eavesdropping.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:26 PM   #8
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

For my main tank I do... He's a Half-Orc barbarian, and it helps him alot, allowing him to get around enemy melee forces to slay archers. The rest of my melee force then just trounce the rest.
toriuxik is offline   Reply With Quote