Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is more entertaining - American Football or Soccer?
Soccer!! Go Ballack/Zidane/Ronaldo/Edgar Davids!! 12 40.00%
American Football!! 4 13.33%
They`re both good, berk! 11 36.67%
Both are boring! 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2002, 03:32 PM   #21
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
In my humble opinion...

Professional Team sports in general are a waste of time... ALL of them.

PT Sports in general involve a lot of overpaid, overgrown 10 year olds whining about how little they make.

PT Sports in general involve strategy that's barely a challenge to those overgrown 10 year olds, and puts me to sleep faster than watching the grass grow.

Professional Football or Soccer? Which is more technical? Neither. Which is better? Who cares...

Team sports for children provide an important growth oportunity... that's the only real value of such activities imo, and at that point it doesn't matter a whit which activity someone chooses to participate in.
"Overgrown 10 Year olds!??" Certanly not! They are trained athletes that are amazingly skilled in their chosen profession. So what if their job is to win a game, atleast they make alot money and they like what they do(which is always a very good plus in jobs.) [img]smile.gif[/img] . Not to mention the fact that their job develops their skills and body.
Playing in a professional football team as a job is just like being a professional artist. Drawing is most known as a 'fun childs activity'. It`s fun to draw a pretty flower and the shining(and smiling) sun or whatever [img]smile.gif[/img] . Are Artists 'overgrown ten year olds'? Nope [img]smile.gif[/img] .
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 03:35 PM   #22
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Hmm, my mates draw anime. off topic, but what the hell...
Nah I like watching the boys in my little immediate group playing rugby and they don't show American football here. I much prefer playing football to watching it. As for people who say professional football is pants then go and watch their local team playing baseball or whatever, that'ss all it usually is. A local team is really good and gets a lot of money playing football.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 03:43 PM   #23
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
Hmm, my mates draw anime. off topic, but what the hell...
Nah I like watching the boys in my little immediate group playing rugby and they don't show American football here. I much prefer playing football to watching it. As for people who say professional football is pants then go and watch their local team playing baseball or whatever, that'ss all it usually is. A local team is really good and gets a lot of money playing football.
Hmm, you`ve got a point there. But there is one thing i need to add.. *Hugs Kaltia and runs away, laughing his(my) ass off*
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 07:24 PM   #24
Hesperex

oh please... stop playing with balls in the mud and come see a real sport motor sports you name it ...if it's got powerful cars it's probably worth watching.

Edit: except Nascar ...I find that really quite boring.

[ 09-06-2002, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Hesperex ]
Old 09-06-2002, 07:34 PM   #25
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I go for American football it look WAY more interesting than that boring soccer!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 07:42 PM   #26
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
[QB]Both Suck IMO.

[QB]
Oh what sports top soccer and pointy football?!?!?!NONE!

But personally I like watching both
But football(soccer) is much mor fun to play...I AM THE KEEPER!(No,really I am!)
PS
Ironranger,what planet are you from???j/k

[ 09-06-2002, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: TheGrandSlayer ]
Old 09-06-2002, 08:07 PM   #27
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Definitaly American Football on both questions....soccor is just so....boring! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 08:14 PM   #28
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Definitaly American Football on both questions....soccor is just so....boring! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
What the hell is soccor ? Is that football Canadian style ?
Old 09-06-2002, 08:31 PM   #29
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
What the hell is soccor ? Is that football Canadian style ? [/QUOTE]Football in canada is called football. Theres a different leauge from the American one, though. CFL! Soccer...soccor...soccar...its the game where you kick a ball! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 10:39 PM   #30
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGrandSlayer:
quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
[QB]Both Suck IMO.

[QB]
Oh what sports top soccer and pointy football?!?!?!NONE!

[/QUOTE]Hockey

Name something soccer or football have that Hocket doesnt.

I could name plenty of things Hockey has that soocer and football dont.

Like, the most obvious, its played on ice, so ontop of concentrating on the game, you also have to concentrate of ice skating, not slipping.

Its faster then all other sports (well beside vehechular sports of course), theres realy is no downside to it.

I will admit it has slow points, but so does soccer, so does evey sport really. And the players seem so much more classy then all other sports figures.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote