Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2003, 09:25 PM   #11
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I am always happy to correct you johnny - I just wish Wellard would tell the full story - at least he got half the story right [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2003, 09:28 PM   #12
wellard
Dracolisk

Sydney being on the water has mild winter temps ranging from 5c to 25c but out west of sydney nearer the blue mountins where I live, we sometimes get a frost, maybe 3or 4 times a year. The blue mountins themselves sometimes get snow, once or twice every couple of years. The ski season is in full swing though in the snowy mountins which divides NSW and Victoria.

Further out in the centre of the country it gets very chilly and quite often gets below zero.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 06-21-2003, 09:30 PM   #13
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
I am always happy to correct you johnny - I just wish Wellard would tell the full story - at least he got half the story right [img]smile.gif[/img]
So many winners Davros, it is hard to keep track of them all [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2003, 09:39 PM   #14
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
So Aussies can't skate ? Or ski ?
Oh Johnny! You should know that unlike the jamican bob sleigh team, at the last winter olympics we won gold at skating [img]smile.gif[/img] No sport is to obscure in this desert country for us to win gold in [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Yeah, Davros just explained that to me, i really didn't know. how the hell did i miss that ?

Shorttracking right ? A fairly new olympic sport, and if i'm not mistaken the Americans, Koreans, and Japanese were the big favourites for the gold. Correct me if i'm wrong. So this Aussie must have been quite a shocker then ?

But i had something else in mind when i mentioned skating. You know... the 500, 1500,3000, 5000,and the 10000. Now don't tell me Australia had contenders for those distances too ?
Old 06-21-2003, 09:41 PM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
So many winners Davros, it is hard to keep track of them all [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Too bad you never win things that really matter.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:45 PM   #16
wellard
Dracolisk

As you may have noticed Albromor, We are basically a warmish country that has sport as its major religion and sole reason for existance. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] Are you thinking of coming down under for a holiday?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 06-21-2003, 11:56 PM   #17
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Am I really the sole representative of Melbourne?
Melbourne's weather is pretty notoriously up and down, and winter is no exception. example: I was out last night and it was a terribly miserable night with constant drissle, and I wake up this morning to find the sun brightly shining.
Anyway, the winters here get pretty cold, I'm not exactly sure how cold, and its probably not cold at all compared to european countries. I'd take a stab and say that on a cold, frost-ridden morning temperatures can get to around 3 degrees (specifically where I live). Snow...? Well maybe once every five years there will be a snow fall on the mountain which I live just below... although at the snow resorts there are good falls most years.

Still very chilly when I venture out on a winters morning.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:03 AM   #18
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
...you have entered winter time...
Ages ago, infact.
Our seasons change based on the 1st of some months, not the solstices and equinoxes.
Winter, for the record, starts on the 1st of June, and ends on the 31st of August. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for what it's like... well, in mid NSW, it's not too different to Summer this year... except for the fogg and/or frost some mornings.

[ 06-22-2003, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]
Old 06-22-2003, 01:25 AM   #19
GokuZool
Lord Ao

That's right, our winter started on June 1 [img]smile.gif[/img]

In the morning and at night the temperature is around 6-10 degrees celsius. That's very cold! During the day however, it can get up to 20 degrees. It doesn't snow where I live, but I believe the Blue Mountains and Canberra experience snow.

[ 06-22-2003, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]
Old 06-22-2003, 12:05 PM   #20
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

How cold does it get? Funny you should bring this up. Last week, in the town of Wandering IIRC, Western Australia's lowest ever temperature was recorded. I've thrown out the newspaper that i got this from so don't take my word for gospel but i think it was -4 celcius. Where i live, in sunny Kellerberrin, it's been getting as low as -1 and is causing all sorts of problems with my homebrew. However this isn't typical of our winters. During the days it's still quite warm in the sun (as long as it's not windy) and gets to about 22C.

Incidentally Albromor, how hot are your summers?
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo