Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2001, 10:33 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Huge ice and snow storm headed for North Texas this evening....could get really nasty around here. If I'm not online, it's because our power is out and we're freezing a certain part of our anatomy off. (groan).

I'm hoping a large part of it will skirt over us, or at least leave the power lines intact.

Brrrrrrrrr!

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-27-2001, 10:41 AM   #2
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Hope you're ok...
We had rain & cold here (Australia) one day, 30 degrees celcius the next and then hailstorms the next! Ever feel like the weather's going all pear shaped?
Old 11-27-2001, 10:44 AM   #3
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

I wish I had snow and Ice in England. We just have rain or sleet. It's just not the same.
Old 11-27-2001, 10:46 AM   #4
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Ouch..
Ice storms are pretty nasty..had a couple myself
Old 11-27-2001, 10:48 AM   #5
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Huge ice and snow storm headed for North Texas this evening....could get really nasty around here. If I'm not online, it's because our power is out and we're freezing a certain part of our anatomy off. (groan).

I'm hoping a large part of it will skirt over us, or at least leave the power lines intact.

Brrrrrrrrr!

I must admit when I first saw the tagline, I thought "oh no, Sazerac dear, it is *not* going to be that cold!" But even tho I'm in MO, it's supposed to be *quite* nipply tomorrow--and with a significant chance of snow (4-6" worth) in central/south MO. I'm just se of KC within the edge of the predicted storm line, so the woodstove will be fired up!!! (Actually, it's a-simmering now as it was chilly this morn already)

Hot buttered rum tonight!
Old 11-27-2001, 10:53 AM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I hope you get through this without any serious problems Saz!
Old 11-27-2001, 11:05 AM   #7
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

Here in Michigan snow and ice storms common occurences. Before we were the Greatlakes state we were The Winter Wonderland. So we have alot of experience with them. The ice storms can be very dangerous not only with power outages but with ice building up an roads and trees. I have seen parts of tree that could not hold the weight of the ice actualy break off and go through peoples roofs. So be careful and if you need anything from the store get it before the storm hits. Hope you are well, and safe.
Old 11-27-2001, 11:11 AM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hey, Leonis! Good to see ya, mate! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yep...already there are rumors that the school will be closed tomorrow, meaning that our 6-week finals will be delayed at least 1 day (grrrrr!) I'm thinking that I'd better hit the store this afternoon before I go home. I'm thinking about picking up fixin's for chili...Turkey chili, perhaps...we have enough turkey left around the house!

Old 11-27-2001, 11:11 AM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

ACK! [img]graemlins/catchase.gif[/img]

Batten down the hatches, haul in the firewood, stock up on canned goods... err.. can you tell I live in the frozen North? [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Do be careful, Saz! Ice storms can be pretty bad! And if I don't see you online tonight, I'll know why! If your weather is that bad, we can game another night if our coplayer is up for it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudy [img]graemlins/stormy.gif[/img]

PS, I didn't send you the storm, I swear! LOL
Old 11-27-2001, 11:12 AM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hi, Cloudy! LOL, no problem...I don't think it's going to get really nasty until later in the evening, so we'll give it a go and see how it runs.