Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-17-2001, 07:39 AM   #1
Pangur Ban

A quick question on Ironworks GD etti-cat .. ( yeah, I know it's spelt wrong but I like this way better ... )

What are guidelines for bumping your own post if you don't get an answer?

P.S. Hey, cool, I'm a magister !! - What in Meeclar's holy name is a magister?

Trying a sig for the first time, too - if doesn't work I'll fix it as best I can.

Pangur

------------------
(img)http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif(/img)

-------------------------We are the society for putting broken bedsteads into ponds, its a very special purpose that we do ....
Old 09-17-2001, 07:41 AM   #2
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Pangur Ban:
A quick question on Ironworks GD etti-cat .. ( yeah, I know it's spelt wrong but I like this way better ... )

Trying a sig for the first time, too - if doesn't work I'll fix it as best I can.

Pangur

Oh, hey, if you change your signature where you have brackets instead of ( ), your pic should show up. If the post is past page 1, it's ok to bump it.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-17-2001, 07:42 AM   #3
Pangur Ban

Grrr !!

Sig didn't work, can anyone advise me what I did wrong?

Thanks,

Pangur

------------------
(img)http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif(/img)

-------------------------We are the society for putting broken bedsteads into ponds, its a very special purpose that we do ....
Old 09-17-2001, 07:42 AM   #4
Grojlach
Zartan

For your sig: try using [ and ] instead of ( and ).
I'm pretty sure someone else will come up with a link to etiquette when it comes to bumping and like... I wouldn't believe it if no one has asked that question here before...
Old 09-17-2001, 07:46 AM   #5
Pangur Ban

OK, now lets try this again ...

------------------

--------------------------------------
We are the society for putting broken bedsteads into ponds, its a very special purpose that we do ....
Old 09-17-2001, 07:50 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
OK, now lets try this again ...

Yep, that looks good!
As for general etiquette (or etti-cat. as you like it ) I think we had a couple of threads called "Terms of Service". Try using the search function and search for a topic started by Memnoch with that title, in the BG2 or GD forums.
And bumping your own topic if no one is answering and you really need help is allowed of course. Just don't go posting multiple topics asking the same question, that really is a no-no

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-17-2001, 09:36 AM   #7
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I think its alright to bump your thread, so long as you dont start a one person conversation
And a magister is something of a teacher
Old 09-17-2001, 10:20 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Pangur! bump away if you need an answer! The board moves pretty quickly some days and a post may be missed. If you bring it back up, someone may answer you.

Of course if you do that a LOT.. it may mean nobody HAS an answer!

CloudKitten

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-17-2001, 10:29 AM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmm, well if your post is falling, bump it. If you feel that you are bumping alot, add a little plea and explanation!
If a moderator tells you to ease down, you´re overdoing it! (j/k)

hehe, no real ettin-cat (even worse than etti-cat) use a bit of commom sense and luck and you will be safe mate! hehe

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-17-2001, 05:36 PM   #10
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:

Pangur

OK, I didn't have a GOOD reply about a magister, so I went straight to the source. This is directly from the Magister handout from TSR:

Of old, the mouths of Mystra made known to all who have Power, this: that by the blessing of the goddess, one mage shall be the Lady's champion, and master of magery. This one, called the Magister, does not rule, but rather wanders the Realms doing as desired, for good or ill; and in time is cast down by other mages, and the mouths of Mystra shall name a new Magister. Thus the Art shall live and grow, in strife and mystery, and never know the stifling yoke of law nor of authority. And the Art shall grow stronger, for magely ambition grows with skill-in-art, and those waxing stronger will seek out incumbent weakness; from strife-of-art shall come greater strength. In the proper choosing of an enemy, each Magister brings glory, and greater strength, to the office. And in the seeking of that office, each magic brings glory, and greater strength to the Art.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL