Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-17-2001, 11:17 PM   #1
chutamango
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I conquered nalia's castle and now have it as a stronghold (im a monk..). Anyways i heard of a quest where you have to

possible spoiler
go see her fathers funeral and then save her from the dude that wants to marry her yadayadayada....problem is...i cant get this0 to start. I never had her as part of my group until now...I finished basically every subquest I could do before going to chapter 4 (in 3 now...). SAo i wanted to do her quest....i took her in (4 months after finishing the castle...game time) and slept for weeks already....and the quest still wont start. Is there a time limit or do i need to be somewhere else for the messenger to come and tell me of the funeral.

thanks for any help.
Old 06-17-2001, 11:35 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Try visiting Athkatla's different district areas (except Graveyard), the messenger usually show up sometime during your entry into an Athkatla area.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-18-2001, 12:32 AM   #3
trux

yeah, a messenger should show up in athkatla, but would prolly show up anywhere else too. there could be a time limit because it's a funeral, but i'm not sure about that.

------------------
--
trux
Old 06-18-2001, 12:52 AM   #4
chutamango
Elite Waterdeep Guard

apparently there is a time limit. Slept for 20 days......nothing...went to evey section in town at night, day, dusk...nothing. I even finished the second task as leader in castle by taking care of the thief dude. Still nothing. Jeez....looks like i cant have this qust....unless someone knows how to force the script or use a cheaet to summon the messenger....

oh well......sucks.....that and the stinkin bug that causes ppl at random to "appear busy"...so you cant talk to em.......really annoying. Have to load a different game just to talk to em.
Old 06-18-2001, 09:54 AM   #5
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I think its a bummer but I think you need nalia in your party for this to start, so it would probably help if shes in your party when you take the keep.and keep her in the party until all this happens. Besides, she can get you alot of XP by learning spells. after shes learned all the spells she can and her lil side quests are over--------- dump her.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2001, 02:55 PM   #6
Maever
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi!

Well, i dunno abt you but i played an undead hunter and i tried to trigger the quest by sleeping a lot too but to no avail...
then i suspect that i done something wrong in the quest...
thot abt it and realised that i din open the bridge for the first time
so i reloaded and do it again...
this time round it appeared....

but i really hate the randomness of these time triggered quests...

Old 06-18-2001, 02:57 PM   #7
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I was wondering, does "killing" the NPC - delay the time for as long as you want until you resurrect them?

------------------
Old 06-18-2001, 05:09 PM   #8
masteraleph
Elminster

I'm not sure about it, but is this quest real time based? that is, it doesn't matter on the calendar date but on how long the game has been running. there is at least one thing like that, but i'm not really sure if nalia's is or not.