Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-07-2001, 04:20 PM   #1
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Having played through the game twice, I (hope so!) that I know about most important items, however the belt that Imon has at the start which she 'cant remove' seems to have no purpose at all.
It also mysteriously disapears after chap. 4 as well. Please someone tell me if it actually has a purpose or even why she has it!
Old 02-07-2001, 04:26 PM   #2
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm not certain whether this is correct or not, but...

There was a thread on this topic a few weeks ago on a different board. Evidently, the belt prevents Imoen from falling below 1 hp. Apparently, it is to ensure that she is not killed in Irenicus's dungeon at the beginning of the game. This was confirmed by cheaters who used Shadowkeeper to create the belt for their own characters (allegedly). It probably disappears after Ch. 4 because she is no longer essential to the storyline???
Old 02-07-2001, 04:27 PM   #3
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ahhhh
Cheers m8 it had me totally stumped
Old 02-07-2001, 04:37 PM   #4
puzzled

At the beginning of chapter seven I got a belt of giant hill strength which gave the wearer a strength of 20. Most of my party were near or at this level anyway, so I gave it to Imoen.
And it worked. She went from a paltry nine or something to twenty. She`d been the weak link in my party up till then.
Cheers

Old 02-07-2001, 05:13 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I tried to get that belt off a half-dozen times! So did she! We BOTH wanted it off! Finally I gave up and turned to Jaheira....her belt came right off
Old 02-07-2001, 05:32 PM   #6
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Prevents her from petrification, hold, poison, charm, fear etc etc. Prevents her from DEATH. I am one of these cheaters that tried it in my character, and it was simply immortal